• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Al Costner at Marlboro raceway

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Here's a neat shot

http://www.barcboys.com/Images/Marlboro/65Marl Al CostnerWeb.jpg

Al Costner is the driver. Al was the Penn. Hillclimb Association Champion in his Alpine (class champion).

Believe it or not, Al had the alloy panels which had been on the Payne/Sheppard Sebring car. These are the panels I had tracked down to Max Pahmeier. (very long story)

I have the trophy from this race at Marlboro. I assume Al died. A number of his trophies showed up on Ebay a few years ago. I wish I bought them all.

Steve

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Steve,

I really find it amazing how much information you seem to find regarding the Alpine racing history. Have you considered compiling it all and putting it into book form?

Regards, Robin.