• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Air Cleaner

alpine_64

Donation Time
Are you looking for the same gauze style, or do you want to go to single pankake filters with paper elements?

Your existing ones can be cleaned with terps and then oiled, or if you go to a place like VB/moss etc they often list the pancake paper elemnt filters and filter housings.

A

alpine in calgary

never thought I would say it BUT...check out VB...they have really nice chrome air filter housings that use a foam element that is washable :D

63alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks. I will probably order this weekend. I am having a little problem getting the car to run perfectly with the Zeniths, it either splutters during acceleration in first and second gears or it splutters when you back off the gas in fourth. I figured trying new air cleaners might help. I believe it is likely a gas/air mix at the carb issue. May be time to switch to a Weber!!

A

alpine in calgary

try putting some carb cleaner in the tank.....could merely be deposits in the carbs

Fastback

Donation Time
For that matter, pop the top covers off the carbs and see how much "schputz" is in the float bowls. Sounds like one of your accelerator pistons might be sticking. Don't think your problem is related to the filters, though.
Wayne