• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

aftermarket wheels

birdfan56

Platinum Level Sponsor
greetings team alpine...a few questions on aftermarket wheel options. Having gone with rear disk brakes, I am compelled to go with 15" rims in the back to clear the calipers. has anyone used 15" rims in the front and been able to clear the front suspension and fenders (without major trimming of the fenders, etc). What offset works the best? Thanks so much for your advice on this. Kevin:D

bashby

Donation Time
Minilite Wheels 15x6

I am running 15x6 Minilite's with a 4" backspace, am fairly certain that 4-1/4" backspace would fit. Very little trimming of the front valance (more like reshaping the corner 1/4"). For tires I have 195/55-15's Can supply photos if you like.

V_Mad

Donation Time
I have been using 185/55R15 on 6 inch wheels with an ET24 (34 with 10mm spacers) with no problems.

V_Mad

Donation Time
The wheels were (5 spoke) Revolution RFX, as fitted to various Fords as aftermarket wheels. I have decided to go with Minilites now and have now fitted some 14x5.5J wheels with 185/60 tyres.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Chris. I forgot you were in the UK. I may be wrong about this, but I think your Ford wheels fit better than ours (US) do.

todd reid

Gold Level Sponsor
I am running 15 x 6 Panasports. Backspace is approx 4", offset is positive 25mm. Valance has received a light message. On a 6" wheel, a positive offset in the 22 to 25 mm range is optimum.