• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

A true story

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
My sister has a friend in California who turned his car collection into a business renting classic cars to film and movie studios. He has decided to close the company and recently sent her the following note:

As you may know, I have dissolved my company. I was attempting to transfer the two remaining assets of the company - The '66 Austin-Healey 3000 and the '65 Jaguar XKE - from the company to my individual ownership...in other words, from my company name to my name. I submitted the paperwork to the Department of Motor Vehicles in mid-January of this year. Yesterday, I received notice that the State Board of Equalization that they had blocked the re-registration of the vehicles into my name. I was notified that I needed to complete a BOE 111 Form. Apparently, the Board of Equalization thinks there should be some tax revenue due the state since the vehicles appear to be changing hands.

I went to the nearest Board of Equalization office to ask about filling out Form 111. I met with a nice lady who told me that I need to submit, along with the 111 Form, my papers of incorporation and papers dissolving the corporation. Also, I had to submit two letters:

- One letter from myself as Owner of The Company, written to myself as an individual. Contents of this letter would be to offer me the two remaining assets of the corporation for no consideration (financial).

- Another letter from myself, as an individual, written to myself as the Owner of The Company, accepting the assignment of the cars without consideration (financial).

I think it is bad enough when people start talking to themselves. But really bad when they start writing themselves...

Only in America...​