• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

A suprise in every box!

jmthehermit

Donation Time
What fun! I sorted thru another bucket of parts and as usual found this mystery item. This speedo is marked as SN 6117/00 1020. It has two receptacles for threaded cables. Anyone have any idea what this might fit?:confused: I'm starting to believe in things appearing out of thin air.:eek:
Again, thanks for the help. Jeff

mikephillips

Donation Time
Don't have access at the moment to my books but I can say that the offset cable hookup is probably for the trip reset cable. My E-type has a speedo with a removable one like that.

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
The center connection is for the speedometer cable the other one is for the reset cable. OH that's a nice picture of you Paul, :D

beamS3

Donation Time
serial no. 6117.00 supplied as standard for Alpine l & ll when factory fitted with 5.60 x 13 tires.

Bob

jmthehermit

Donation Time
Thanks Bob. In the triangular area formed by the two threaded cable studs and the light socket there appears to be letters. I thought someone printed "G??d" but now it seems it could be 6 2, which fits the time line for Series ll production. Guess it's time for the bi-focals.:eek: Jeff