• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

67 Heater Valve

StefanD

Donation Time
Does anyone have one laying around they would like to part with? Mine leaks, and I would love to have my heater working. Is there a decent replacement off of anything else? Sunbeam Specialties is out of them with no solid answer when they we will be able to get any more.
I know I know, I live in Southern California, what do I need a heater valve for?:p

Thanks

Stefan

65beam

Donation Time
heater valve

try classic sunbeam in new york. he did have them or call moss and order one for an mg.

StefanD

Donation Time
Thanks, I will give them a buzz in the AM. The MG valve looks like the earlier valve, not the one used in 67.
Thanks Again
Stefan

alpine_64

Donation Time
Stefan,

if you are looking for the Sv style heater valve i believ its the MGC model that has the one thats almost identical.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
There were two heater valves supplied to the MGC - an early valve which mounted directly to the engine, and a later one that did not - we want the later one.

The earlier '67 MGC valve, BMC ("MOWOG") part number 27H8836, is not right for the Sunbeam.

The correct one is the later '68-69 MGC version, and it is the closest available replacement for the SV that I know of. The BMC/MOWOG part number for this valve is BHA4918.

See below:

BHA4918_1.JPG

P/N BHA4918 (correct) (Later MGC valve)

913DBEC1-4B4D-4A68-9CAD-46AD337E613C.jpg

P/N 27H8836 (wrong) (Earlier MGC valve)​

The earlier series Sunbeam Alpines use a rotary valve, and I believe the best replacement for this may be the MGB valve, BMC/MOWOG part number BHA5298:

BHA5298.jpg

P/N BHA5298

mikephillips

Donation Time
"The earlier series Sunbeam Alpines use a rotary valve, and I believe the best replacement for this may be the MGB valve, BMC/MOWOG part number BHA5298:"

Kevin,
Actually a better choice for the earlier cars is the valve for a Series 1 Jaguar E-type. The only difference is that it rotates the opposite direction for open/close. That's easy to fix though.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
"The earlier series Sunbeam Alpines use a rotary valve, and I believe the best replacement for this may be the MGB valve, BMC/MOWOG part number BHA5298:"

Kevin,
Actually a better choice for the earlier cars is the valve for a Series 1 Jaguar E-type. The only difference is that it rotates the opposite direction for open/close. That's easy to fix though.

Hmm... why is the Jaguar one a better replacement? Not questioning that this is correct, just wondering why.

65beam

Donation Time
heater valve

the valve for series 1 thru 4 have been available for quite awhile. i bought 4 from a vendor at the carlisle import.

Robbo

Donation Time
I will be replacing mine with the late mgc one. Does it make a difference which ends the block or heater box are connected to? I thought i recalled someone mention something about them being reversed.