• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

'63 Crankshaft needed

CPJIsaac

Donation Time
Just picked up my engine that has been sitting for 6 years-everything rebuilt, but cracked crankshaft was replaced w/ a used one that had already been turned (couple of times?)and now bearings are too small-any source for a replacement?

alpine_64

Donation Time
While you have said a '63.. do you know if you have a 3 main engine as a 63 car would (1592c) and it hasnt been replaced by a later 1725 5 main motor?

Does the oil dip stick go into the block or the sump? If into the block its will be a later 1725 5 main motor.

65beam

Donation Time
crankshaft

how much has the crank been turned? sunbeam specialties has stocked both main and rod bearings up to .050 for the three main crank and up to .040 for the five main 1725 engine. www.rootes.com or 408-371-1642

Mikeflbmer

Bronze Level Sponsor
Crankshaft

I have a decent crank for a 1600 engine....I would be glad to mike it if needed...I am in Florida...mike

CPJIsaac

Donation Time
series III crank?

I found that the crank that I had oredered as a series III and turned miked to 1.876 w/ .01 off-apparently the crank that came out of my engine had a 2.0 crank and my connectors are at 2.0 also. I have a spec that shows that size crank for a series II-does anyone have any information? The numbers on my original crank are 1990454 15272Z216 JGS.
I also do not have any numbers on my block and thinking that possibly it was replaced by the dealer very early on.
If anyone needs a crank that is already turned for series III, I would be glad to sell to help pay for the larger one.

CPJIsaac

Donation Time
So I realized that I had been looking at the specs wrong. My crank is for a series 3, the crank I got was apparently the smaller size for a series 1.
Now I have a good turned series 1 crank, but still need a series 3.