• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

'61 Series I parts

EriktheAwful

Donation Time
'61 Series II parts

Correction, early Series II '61 Alpine. Serial starts with "B91"

I recently bought a basketcase Alpine from another member on this board and I'm working on getting it back on the street. It came with no engine, no transmission, trashed interior, and trashed wiring. However, I'm not restoring it, I'm stripping it down like a race car and putting back only what I want. It's going to end up a roto-rooter (220hp halfbridge 12A FTW!) and I want it lightweight and easy to maintain, so that isn't much. I've pulled off the following parts that I'm willing to sell. Pics will be available upon request.

Five stock Alpine wheels with 4 hubcaps and 2 trim rings. The rims are painted an ugly brown and have weather-cracked tires on them. The hubcaps are rusty and probably have dents. The trim rings are a bit rusty and haven't been removed yet. I am willing to sell the hubcaps and trim rings as a set without the wheels, but I won't separate further.

SOLD - Brake master cylinder - as removed, will certainly need rebuilt.

Dash mounting brackets

Defroster vents

Center tunnel ashtray

Hinged front license plate bracket - rusty and bent but intact.

Taillight lens (brake light? it's the larger one) - the top screwhole is broken, but I have the broken piece that can be epoxied back on. It looks fine from the outside and says "Made in England" on it. It has the aluminum foil inserts. I wiped it and rinsed it, but you'll want to finish cleaning it before mounting.

SOLD - Ignition switch with key.

SOLD - Lucas Voltage Regulator, Lucas flasher can, and dash switches.

Lucas underhood fuse block

Dimmer switch w/ attaching bracket

Gauges - speedometer looks good with chipped glass, tach looks good with one busted stud on back, water temp is missing glass, oil pressure is just parts. Not sure if any of it works.

SOLD - ammeter

Seat frames and sliders (foam and seat covers were trashed)

Convertible top frame. Really rusty, but intact. Fabric was trashed. I'm keeping the chrome mounting pieces for bolting the aluminum top on.

Door sill covers, side sill covers. All four pieces are in decent shape but will need minor straightening and polishing.

Side window. Untinted, dirty, no chips or cracks. May have scratches, but I didn't notice any. Prefer pickup only due to fragile nature. I'll be replacing with lexan.

Radiator, heater core, and heater control valve with cable.

Tri-Y header - very rusty. I wouldn't bolt it straight on, but a high-temp coating might salvage it.

I'm willing to sell or trade for the following pieces:

Front sway bar hold-downs - both passenger side pieces are missing on mine.

One inner door handle

Gas cap

Side mirrors

Trunk latch - the loop that attaches to the trunk, not the latch/lock on the car body.

I'll post more parts as I remove them. Did I mention I'm willing to sell most of the parts pretty cheap?

Last edited:

VDubJD

Donation Time
Are the side view mirrors stock? If so, how much would you like for them and the ammeter?

Thanks! - JD

EriktheAwful

Donation Time
I don't have any side mirrors; I have them listed above as trades I'm willing to accept. How does $10 for the ammeter + $5 shipping sound?

Just so you know, I don't think the bracket on the back of the ammeter is the correct bracket - it has an offset cutout while the gauge has the light centered. I'll look for the correct bracket before I send it out.

buzz1981

Donation Time
61 series 2 parts

You have a few things I could use and I have some stuff to trade ( ex. Inner door handles , very nice spare conv. Top frame. Etc . ). I have lots of stuff tell me what u need for a possible trade for both wording harnesses(need them for reference) heater core ,valve n radiator and both left bright seat tracks and front turn signals??????
I'm interested in buying and or trading!!!!!!!¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm trying to restore my 1959 sunny series 1 vin #ed within the first 700 b90007??? LRX numbers matching engine runs great 90k orig miles plus its one of the rare factory carnival red cars!!!!!! If you sand send me a list of what you need and what your getting rid of if possible of course .!!!!! Buzz1981

Last edited:

VDubJD

Donation Time
I don't have any side mirrors; I have them listed above as trades I'm willing to accept. How does $10 for the ammeter + $5 shipping sound?

Just so you know, I don't think the bracket on the back of the ammeter is the correct bracket - it has an offset cutout while the gauge has the light centered. I'll look for the correct bracket before I send it out.

Sorry Erik, I must have read part of your post incorrectly. Yes $10 + 5 for shipping sounds good to me. What kind of payment do you like?

- JD

agmason54

Donation Time
Beamer Eric
Beware of a tattooed buzzard with an Ak 47
You will be sorry.Get your money up front !!!!!
Scroll down and figure it out...
This guy told me his money orders where lost when his mailman ranover his mail box in November.Meanwhile he wont answer my calls which is funny to me since
he acted like my buddie and asked me to bring his mother a gift from Argentinia.I thought my friendship was worth more than a couple hundred bucks..Guess not

Thanks
Al
330 424 0236
callme l want some Sl stuff

agmason54

Donation Time
Bull
lf recieving a busted windshield in the mail for a refund is the same as mailing parts to some one you trusted without being paid is ironic then you are correct.
Heres another funny one- I sold a horn the other day to a gent who wanted half a refund.What a laugh.l told him to send it back and ill replace it.Never heard back...
It went beep beep to him over the phone......
Win some -loose the rest
so it goes....
Al

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
If you are going to tell it Albert, tell it all.
You sent me a windshield w/ deep ruts from worn out wiper blades and a delaminated/white out area the size of a softball, which by the way you did not tell me[delamination]. I immediately sent it back to you , insured. After we talked you said I should have ''busted'' it and collected insurance. I don't think anyone would believe I busted it, reboxed, insured it and sent it back to you so you could collect on it again. Which I am sure you did.
Revisionism works sometimes, but not always Albert.
I will leave this topic now and never return to it on this forum. I am sure you have satisfied customers; I am not one of them.

London

Donation Time
Parts etc

I am the gent whom Al Mason sold the horn to

What he failed to say was that he was reluctant to discuss the problem with it.

In texts when I suggested not worth paying the return cost of $10 due to his lack of commitment to a refund or replacement and suggested a $20 refund from a $55 outlay - I was a 'pest,

In later texts he stated how he 'frankly dested English men' I am one.

I was told to 'return the hooter and shut mine'!!

And out of the blue after deciding not to have anything to do with him the other day I got a text saying ' I think your white hard top looks like poop - what a joke"
Return the horn - I have another.

All charming stuff

Be careful

'

EriktheAwful

Donation Time
Gentlemen, when Al PM'd me warning me about a specific person, not already listed, who hasn't even contacted me about parts, warning flags went up in my head about Al himself. I've bought and sold parts online many times and know what to expect from any prospective buyer and or seller. I'm not asking for gold for my parts, and since the car came as a basket case I can't guarantee their perfection, or even function. If anybody wants pics, I can send them straight from my phone to your email. On the other hand, if someone cheats me, I'm not asking much in the first place, so I'm not out much.

So, please, if you have to air out dirty laundry, do it somewhere else.

agmason54

Donation Time
BullDurham
You mailed me a windshield that looked like you jumped on ....
Tony Snapes wakes me in the midddle of thenight.I told him to return the horn for another...
Jesse Wayne clipped me for two hundred so that should cheer yall up.
I said what l said.
So it goes...
Albert Mason

EriktheAwful

Donation Time
I found a box of chrome parts I stashed when I first emptied the car, so I added the hubcaps to the listing. I'm keeping the rear bumper and bumperettes - it's all in too bad of shape to make shipping worthwhile, and it'll keep me from having to build a bumper for the car. I also found the chrome window edges, but I'm still considering making lexan windows, so I'm keeping those for now.

Those of you who've ordered parts, can you PM me feedback when you receive them? Also, let me know if you want me to post that we had a successful transaction. I won't post what you bought, just that the transaction went well.