• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

$570 roll bar

v6alpine4dad

Donation Time
Did anyone see this rollbar on ebay? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AutoPower-Roll-Bar-Sunbeam-Tiger-Alpine_W0QQitemZ190199792144QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190199792144Seems a bit pricey, or is that the going rate? I plan on building a similar bar for my series V. I've got a welder, tubing bender, and basic know-how. Once I complete mine I might make a few more, depending on parts cost. I would think I could make them for much less than $570, I would appreciate thoughts and feedback, thanks in advance. Grant
P.S. Sorry if the link doesn't turn out how I planned.

Jim E

Donation Time
They were not real cheap when you could buy them new, pretty sure they are no longer sold due to shipping or posible sueing or some such. Think when I bought mine it was $180 plus $50 to ship, that was maybe 6 years ago

chris

Donation Time
Sunbeam Specialties no longer carries them, but if you talk to Rick he can tell you who he used to buy them from. I don’t recall the name of the company, but I got one from them several months ago for, I think around $380.00 plus shipping.

agmason54

Donation Time
Roll bar

I guess money is no object if you have rolled an Alpine.I know the buyer of the roll bar and he did just that at very low speed in a V8 Alpine and walked away....
Agm

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Don't sell them

I am an insurance guy. You make roll bars for sale, somebody goes upside down and it doesn't save them, you are screwed. Sorry to be a downer but in the good old USA, going 100 mph and rolling is someone elses fault, yours.

Tracy

atallamcs

Donation Time
Roll Bar

I believe SS gets them from:

http://www.autopowerindustries.com/

Truth be spoken, unless you entend two bars back through to the trunk and catch the frame on each side--it is a "show bar" and would not really hold up when going over. Now how many want to go through to the trunk, makes a mess of the soft top?

Bill

RootesRooter

Donation Time
I just took my show bar out of my Series V after 15 years, partially because of the reason below - it might not stand up in a real rollover - but mostly because the chances of being rear-ended are hugely higher than rolling over. Even with lots of padding, I figure any rear-end crash over 20mph could leave me a vegetable from hitting the back of my head on the bar.

All the holes are still there to re-mount the bar if I ever take it out for another 'play-day' on the track - wearing a helmet.

Dick Sanders
Kent, WA

I believe SS gets them from:

http://www.autopowerindustries.com/

Truth be spoken, unless you entend two bars back through to the trunk and catch the frame on each side--it is a "show bar" and would not really hold up when going over. Now how many want to go through to the trunk, makes a mess of the soft top?

Bill