• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

$50.00 Dollar Paint Job

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
It doesn't look half bad.

Well, this how they painted the first automobiles.
Rustoleum doesn't dry very well, why not just brush (or roller) on a cheap acrylic enamel? Rustoleum is not that cheap either. He's has more than $50 in paint there, don't let him kid you.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
What other options are there for the do_it_yourselfer?

About 13 years I painted my alpine with acrylic enamel (dupont centauri), but I think that the old paint is no longer available?

Also the 2 stage probably requires equipment I'd care not to buy.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Centauri is still available, the last I remember (a few years ago) it was about $125 or so a gallon. Rustoleum is not that expensive, $10 a quart on line.

A source of cheap automotive paint that seems to be pretty good, at least some guys on line are satisfied with, is Kirker, available here. Their primer is liked even by those that do not care for the paint.

http://www.smartshoppersinc.com/Kirker/paints.html

The stuff is pretty inexpensive, the top of the line urethanes are less than $50 a gallon. Color selection is limited at that price, though.

Nickodell

Donation Time
I was looking to see if I could get one of those "bug bombs" filled with paint. Less labor......

I'm thinking of the way Rowan Atkinson painted his living room in one of the Mr Bean episodes. A gallon can of paint and a lighted M80 dropped into it. One of these on each side of a car should do the trick.