• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

45mm Sidedraft Weber on Lynx Manifold

sunbeamowner

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hi All
I have a 45mm DCOE Weber on a Lynx manifold for sale. The manifold started life for a GT Hunter but has been shaved to suit an Alpine Engine Bay (Hunter motors are slanted at a 10 deg angle to fit under the hood). It sits almost horizontal this allows the carb to clear the bulkhead brace so you don't need to remove or modify the brace. The linkage on the side of the carb is for a cable throtle set up but you could easily remove this for your own throttle application. The manifold has been ceramic coated inside and out, does not include air filters.

Pm me for a price . Please note that price for postage may take to a day or two. Forgot to mention I am in Australia so postage steep to USA ($170AUD come on guys get that greenback healthier $180AUD to UK).

ps As per previous post does not include air filters but the better option of velocity stacks to use foam socks style air filters. I have added some photos to be a bit more clearer to enlarge just click on the photo .Sorry

img.php
[/URL] [/IMG]
Cheers.

twautomotive

Silver Level Sponsor
Weber Jetting

Did you actually have this set-up on your car? If yes, could you post the settings (main jets, idle jets, etc.) you used on the carb.?
Thanks.
tom

sunbeamowner

Bronze Level Sponsor
some shots of manifold/carb setup in car (please excuse the untidy engine bay has since been cleaned up).

img.php
[/URL] [/IMG]

Click on image to enlarge. For some reason not all thumbnail shots are showing ,more shots on uploaded website just click next or previous. Same goes for freestanding manifold shots.

sunbeamowner

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hi Guys
Just letting you know I will be putting this item on ebay after the Christmas break with a buy it now of $500AUD so now is your last chance to get that weber sound and bolt on extra power for the special price of $400AUD Plus postage depending on which side of 'The Pond' you live on .:eek:

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Peter,

I see that this is not the only thing up for sale. Why the sale?

Regards, Robin.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yeah, I can't find it either. Looked on US eBay site with 'worldwide' selected, and also looked on the Australian eBay site directly. No can find.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yeah, I saw it today too, Jim. But Robin's comment about there being more for sale seems odd, as there are no other items under the seller's ID. Hmm.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Yeah, I saw it today too, Jim. But Robin's comment about there being more for sale seems odd, as there are no other items under the seller's ID. Hmm.

Robin is reffering to peter advertising his SIVGT locally.. a car he has owned for along time.. peters post in another section explains this.. an MGRV8

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Peter,
Looks like a nice car, wrong make but as long as you enjoy it :) . Was the previous owner a member of the Escape club? I am sure I have seen that car before.
Regards, Robin.

sunbeamowner

Bronze Level Sponsor
SOLD

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280618820211&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT :D:D

For the members who missed out . You can get this new carb /used manifold set up for $886.77USD
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330508675615

Then get it shaved to remove the 10 degree angle to suit an Alpine....$$??
Then get it ceramic coated inside and out (to improve thermal efficiancy) $200

Plus postage from Australia!!.....$170

Hmm....maybe that manifold I just sold went TOO cheap ?