• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

340 mopar alpine

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Did you see the Alpine with the 340 on Ebay.Man that has to be a heavy front end for sure.I would say much more than the Ken Miles/Ian Garrard first V8 conversion.
It looks nice but not something for me

greenbean

Donation Time
Wow, I saw that too. I wonder what brand of "can opener" or "shoe horn" he used to get that to fit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
STILL MUST BE SQUIRRLEY

With the weight so far in the front it has to be nose heavy.
Remember the Ken Miles/Ian Garrard first V8 conversion

Maybe I should not throw stones as the Lister does have a 351 W under the hood.However it is set back.The inner fender panels were never cut.It is pretty close to 50/50 weight due to the roof being added.
I wonder if it would pass inspection here.They can be pretty tough on modified vehicles as the hot rod society has found out.They look for everything including the smallest things like a interior roof light bulb burned out and you will fail.That is what happened to me with the Lister and I had to make another appointment
There I go again ranting away

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I wonder if it would pass inspection here.They can be pretty tough on modified vehicles as the hot rod society has found out.They look for everything including the smallest things like a interior roof light bulb burned out and you will fail.That is what happened to me with the Lister and I had to make another appointment
There I go again ranting away

You talking about state inspections.

I had a 71 Pinto that I put a 3 spoke sport steering wheel in. I was in Virginia at the time. The first thing they do there is scape your current inspection sticker before inspecting the car. Then they slap on this big REJECTED sticker if it doesn't pass. This guy didn't scrape it. He said he was doing me a favor by not scraping the sticker, as he measured the diameter of the steering wheel. He said it would be rejected because it was smaller than stock. Told me to put the original back on, then he would inspect it. So I left grumbling. Then I though, does this guy really think I'll come back.:rolleyes: No, I'll just go somewhere else. So I pulled into a Montgomery Ward Service Center and got the thing inspected. I drove out with a big REJECTED sticker because of the smaller than stock wheel.:mad: