• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

32/36 Choke linkage and dust plate

London

Donation Time
Hi

I have been checking the main jets and reassembling the top of the carb (still on the car) find I have to thread the choke link bar through a hole in a plastic dust plate.

Is there a trick to doing this? without disassembling the choke linkage? And do I really need this dust plate

Ragg Mopp

Donation Time
I have done the top removal several times without disassembling the mechanism. The choke rod will spin freely and you can tilt the top up 90 degrees and slide the rod out easily after you have pulled the pin at the top. The plastic piece slides away into the slot when reassembling so I use a small piece of tape to hold it in place and then pull the tape. If you disassemble the mechanism from the bottom, be very careful since the spring will jump(I lost one).

London

Donation Time
32/36 weber carb choke linkage

Hi

Thanks I am trying to get the choke lever through the dust plate when I put the top of the carb back - thats the problem

Its the trick for reassembly I need help with if you can!