• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

3 3/8" (85mm) tach in 4" housing

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
This is how I adapted a 3 3/8" (85mm) tach to fit a 4" housing. If you use a black rim tach it would be less noticeable. I think it looks good though. Might do a cheap GPS speedometer the same way.DSC00369.JPG gps speedometer.jpg

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Jim, just to be sure I understand, I assume you mechanically anchored the smaller case inside the larger one and used the foam tape to fill the gap between the two circumferences. Or is the foam tape THE anchor? Looks quite nice. I do not see the foam in the photo, so again, I assume there is almost zero gap between the two chrome rings, but enough that you want to seal that gap, right?

Tom

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Tom, the foam strip is wrapped right under the chrome rim of the tach. Tight fit. The chrome rim sits a little bit on the larger chrome rim. I cut the mounting studs off the back of the tach to push down enough to fit flush.

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Got the matching GPS speedo mounted. Had to drill a hole for the coax cable in the back. Also, using the existing bulb feature is red LED. I'll carefully use a hole saw to use the existing bulb in the 4" can.DSC00434.JPG