• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

289 Ford Block

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I have a friend here in Phoenix who has a 1965 or 66 289 block, .030 over, 1 cylinder needs to be sleeved, no crank but has all main caps, has sized con rods. Make offer.

PM me if you're interested and I'll get you in touch.

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
That would be a six bolt 289 given the years you have listed and would not work with the stock Tiger stuff. Just a note!:cool:

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
That would be a six bolt 289 and would not work with the stock Tiger stuff. Just a note!:cool:

There are both 5 bolt and 6 bolt 289's. The engine I am using in my '66 Tiger project is a 5 bolt 289 bored .030 over. It does work with stock Tiger parts.
I am using a stock 4 speed top loader transmission with the engine. I am using the stock clutch setup. I can use the stock generator with bracket if I choose.
I am using the stock radiator with shroud.

agmason

Donation Time
The 5 bolt 289 will have no problem replacing the 260. You will run into problems with switching to a 6 bolt 289 or 302 because of the transmission bolt pattern and bell housing if you use the original transmission.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
SIZED-as in having the big end machined back to tolerence, small end rebushed. New rod bolts installed. Weight matched and balanced. OK?