• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2231 Miles in Ol' Blue!

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi All:

Thanks to everyone for another great Invasion! A special thank you must go to Ian and Nicole for their generosity in allowing all of us to "invade" their space.

I arrived back home in South Dakota last night after traveling over 2200 miles in Ol' Blue. I took a side trip up to Wisconsin to check out a Sunbeam I heard about and in the process located 3 more of them! While at a rest stop in Wisconsin a gentleman approached me and asked if my car were a 1966. In the conversation that followed I found that he owns 2 Alpines and a Tiger and still owns and drives the first one he purchased - a 1966 Alpine that he and his wife took on their honeymoon! He does not have internet access and knew nothing of SAOCA. I did get his address/phone number and will send him some info about this great organization. I encouraged him to consider attending the SUNI in Rapid City in June, 2009.

Congratulations to Bev for making the trip from New Hampshire. Her travels should serve as an inspiration to all of you who question the idea of making a 2000 mile trip in an Alpine.

again, thanks to Scott and all others who worked so hard to make this another great Invasion.:)

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Always a pleasure to see you Paul, and thanks for plugging the club and SUNI 5 next year. See if you can get him to bring at least one of those Alpines to Rapid City.

I look forward to stopping by your place on the way to Rapid City next year.

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Another Home Safe from Invasion!

:)
Glad to hear so many are making it home with out issues. It is amazing how just driving the Alpines and even at local cruise-ins you meet someone that has a Tiger or Alpine, at least in this area, most are Tigers, they don't drive them and many are in need of restoration but they are out there. Being the local SAOCA active member seems I am always trying to find more to join the fun. To bad I was not involved back in the early 70's since they had a Sunbeam club here in Tulsa, yes the TACO club (Tiger, Alpine Club of Oklahoma) long disbanded but many members of that club still have the tigers.

Donna
:D