• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

205/60/13 fit an alpine

atallamcs

Donation Time
Tires

I think the short answer is yes. Your choices will be very limited.
Here is what I know. On Alpines the tire diameter should range between 23-24 inches max. The tire size you have chosen is 22.8 a bit short but wide.
My best experiences are as follows.

Harrington 185x70x13 looks right fills the wells. Early series Alpines.
Series IV 205x60x14
Tiger 205x50x15 front 215x50x15 rear
Series IV race car 205x60x13

They can be seen here:
http://community.webshots.com/user/atallamcs
Bill

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Yes, assuming the offset is correct. However, you may have to remove or bend back a very small corner of the front of the right front wheelwell / lower valance (sp?). You'll know when you back the car up with the wheel cranked full left and possibly hear a horrendous shuddering as the right tire rakes over that corner. The left front rarely makes contact with 205/60/13's due to the slightly offset geometry of the body vs. suspension.

You may also experience occasional scuffing of the outside of the rear tires on the top of the wheelarches if you're carrying a lot of weight or have lowered the car.

atallamcs

Donation Time
tires

I did forget to mention that all my cars have had the wheel arches rolled up and under for clearance and strength. None of the cars mention have any clearance problems, maybe this extra body work helped?

Bill

serIIalpine

Donation Time
I have Sumitomo HTR 200 in 205 60 13.

They fit just fine and stick real well.

They are quiet and cheap and wear well.

I recommend them very highly as the Yokohama AVS tires are NLA in 13"

Good luck

Eric

'62 SerII

Jim E

Donation Time
I have the same Sumitomo on 5 1/2 period minilites and they are fine, front fender is trimmed

dmich2

Donation Time
Sounds like there are some good pros to your choice. I'll just give my 2 cents. I had 205x60x14 and I know they're taller, and I had an occasional rub pulling in the driveway. I replaced them all with 195x60's and no more rub, they ride great and best of all..........steering is so much more responsive/easy.

To each his own.

Dennis

V_Mad

Donation Time
The left front rarely makes contact with 205/60/13's due to the slightly offset geometry of the body vs. suspension.

I have noticed this offset geometry on both my cars. It seems that the body is offset to the right so the left wheel sticks out more than the right. Do you have any more information on this, ie how common it is and why it happens?

dmich2

Donation Time
They are off a 84-85 T-Bird Turbo Coupe. There are pictures in the 'Photo Gallery' section under SIV. I call her Sweet Pea. When I get home I'll post a better picture if you like.

Dennis

Jim E

Donation Time
I have noticed this offset geometry on both my cars. It seems that the body is offset to the right so the left wheel sticks out more than the right. Do you have any more information on this, ie how common it is and why it happens?

They are all a little cock-eyed side to side some worse than others. Figure die wear, assembly differences car to car, tolarance stacking and the old that is good enough, ends up with a car that is not quite the same side to side.