• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2011 Winton Hsitorics

moonstone SIV

Donation Time
Michael,

Great work as usual documenting the day. What we should also mention is at the Winton Raceway here in northern Victoria, the weather at this time of year would usually be freezing cold and raining sideways. We had around 18c and brilliant sunshine...! I actually got sunburnt on the way home.

That gunmetal E type gets a good run in the pics.... 50 years on they're still a sexy looking machine. No wonder they caused such a sensation when they were released.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Lance,

I really should bring my proper SLR camerra.. a nice big zoom lens and quick auto focus would make for some nicer shots, but unfortunatly its old school film.. so taking 100+ photos and developing them would be rather time consuming and costly.. the little digi cam is very convenient.,,, have to pony up for a digital slr.

As for the e-ype.. i looked at my webshots album from last years winton 9wet and freezing) meet.. same e-type was there... but looked evn better in the sunshine this year.