• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2009 Rootes Cars Calendar

lemansvk

Donation Time
As in the last two years, for 2009 I will again be organising a calendar featuring Cars of the Rootes group. I'm starting earlier this year as I want have it available by November, to reach some car club members who do not frequent the internet.

My reason for posting this is to persuade at least one of you to supply me with an Alpine or Tiger pic that I can use in the calendar. I would particularly like a Type A Harrington or a Tiger, but am open to any Alpine, particularly interesting derivatives. Interesting scenery is also a plus but not essential, racing is fine and your car need not be concours. I'm hoping this year the Alpine/Tiger won't be red (because the Alpines in the last two calendars were).

Now some fine print on the calendar. It is actually printed by Lulu publishing in the USA and is printed on demand - there is no minimum order, calendars are printed and despatched as orders are received. It is 12 month (page per month), full colour (about A4 size), spiral bound, on glossy paper and costs about $11.30 per copy (plus postage) This is the minimum cost and I make not one cent from it - I do it for fun and the enjoyment of many Rootes owners around the world. You can find out more about the calendars at this page

http://www.lulu.com/en/products/calendars/

I try to use 4 Sunbeam, 4 Hillmans and 4 Humbers in the calendar (plus a cover pic) from a variety of countries (last year Australia, Canada, USA and UK) and I can promise you some interesting cars and scenery - last year for example we had one of the Humber Cabriolets from the 1953 Royal tour of Australia (by Queen Elizabeth II). You can preview the 2008 version at this page

http://www.lulu.com/content/1236678

Also you must own the pic and give me permission to use it. I cannot (legally) use stuff dowloaded from some website. Oh, and I don't pay for it - you just get the pleasure of having your car featured in a calendar and drooled over by a hundred or more enthusiasts. And it needs to be fairly good resolution to produce good print quality.

So if you can help, pease let me know

Thanks, Vic

Bill Tubbs

Donation Time
Vic,

Until you mentioned the plethora of red Alpines I was going to point to mine with my caboose in the background in the photo gallery. But last weekend I got some pretty good hi-res shots of the only Tiger racing at Sears Point and will be glad to pick out one or two for you to check out.

Bill

lemansvk

Donation Time
Thanks Bill, I'll look forward to it. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing a larger pic of your Alpine with the caboose. After reading your reply, it also occurred to me that I could make the red Alpine a recurring theme - like - whose red Alpine will we have this year? It might just work :)

I'll send you a PM with the best email to send the pics too

Cheers, Vic