• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2.8 V6 Water Outlet

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Anyone have a spare water outlet from an early 2.8? Mine has multiple outlets and is rather ugly. In addition to the pipe that leads to the heater core it's got three other threaded holes.

All I need is the outlet that goes to the upper radiator and a hole for the temp sender I'm not running a heater core in the car. (If it's that cold, I'm staying home.) I think the earlier ones were like that.

The 2 mounting holes are, center to center, 2 7/8" and the i/d passage for the coolant is 1 5/8" where it mounts. The o/d where the hose slips on is 1 1/4"

Or has anyone found a usable unit from another brand?

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Anyone have a spare water outlet from an early 2.8? Mine has multiple outlets and is rather ugly. In addition to the pipe that leads to the heater core it's got three other threaded holes.

All I need is the outlet that goes to the upper radiator and a hole for the temp sender I'm not running a heater core in the car. (If it's that cold, I'm staying home.) I think the earlier ones were like that.

The 2 mounting holes are, center to center, 2 7/8" and the i/d passage for the coolant is 1 5/8" where it mounts. The o/d where the hose slips on is 1 1/4"

Or has anyone found a usable unit from another brand?
Hi Nick,

If you are using the stock Mustang II intake manifold, you don`t have another choice. You will need to ask NAPA to see if they can get yiu one, but it will still have all those holes. I just used to put brass plugs in them, so at least they looked better.

Jose :)

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Oh Fudge!

Thanks all. I have one of the Offerhauser type sitting in the box with the Offy manifold and 390 Holley I can't use on this car.... (nope, sorry, not selling them. For the next car.) The stock one has just two mounting holes for bolts.

Again, thanks.