• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2.8 Timing cover plate

CptTom

Donation Time
I need the plate that is located between the timing cover and the block on the MII 2.8 V6. Any suggestions as to where I can locate this part would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Tom,

If you can't find one from a Mustang II, the Ranger/Bronco II has the same plate and may be easier to find. The timing cover is different between the two, but that sheet metal piece is the same.

Jose

I need the plate that is located between the timing cover and the block on the MII 2.8 V6. Any suggestions as to where I can locate this part would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

tonythetiger

Donation Time
Cpt Tom- Im certain I have the timing cover from a 2.8 V6 that was in a Bronco 2- it would be a 1984 or 85 model. Cant promise how long it will take to dig it out but I know I have the complete engine- would you like to buy it all- the heads are very hard to locate.
tonythetiger

CptTom

Donation Time
Cpt Tom- Im certain I have the timing cover from a 2.8 V6 that was in a Bronco 2- it would be a 1984 or 85 model. Cant promise how long it will take to dig it out but I know I have the complete engine- would you like to buy it all- the heads are very hard to locate.
tonythetiger

Tonythetiger, Thanks for the offer but I have two engines and a pi****off wife. If I tried to put another engine in the garage my peace and well being would be in jeopardy. In order to get one complete engine I need the plate behind the timing cover. The one I have is cracked and the other engine came in pieces which did not include the plate. I'm not in a rush, if you have a plate it would be most appreciated.
Thanks