• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2.8 distributor

T

turbinepete

This is almost embarrassing.

I can not get the distributor out of a 2.8 I bought. Is this thing screwed in, pressed in or secured in?

I am just about ready to move to the bigger tools...

Thanks in advance...

Pete

Rsgwynn1

Silver Level Sponsor
There ought to be a little retaining plate at the base, secured by a screw. It's kind of crescent shaped--a circle with a bite taken out of it. Otherwise I'd suggest rocking the crank back and forth a little to loosen it. And spray some penetrating oil down into the hole.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
The dizzy shaft must be able to rotate to pull the dizzy in and out of the block (since the dizzy gear is not straight cut), so if the dizzy is locked up, getting it out will be difficult.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Sometimes the distributor will stick on the hole in the block. I have found that if you take a soft dead blow hammer, and tap up on the housing, it will come lose.

Jose :)

T

turbinepete

Thanks guys. I will try it out tonight. I will hopefully also be able to pull out the cam.:)

T

turbinepete

The distributor was as if it was welded in. A three foot crowbar with my 215 pounds for a full hour were required.:D