• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1967 SV Sunbeam V6 Alpine For Sale

J

jacobsen1978

Here are a few pictures of my 1967 Sunbeam Alpine SV. Overall this is a very fun and reliable car with zero rust and pep. I have some pictures located on a site at: http://clintonjacobsen.myphotoalbum.com/

Here are a few of the specs on it:

Exterior: The paint is a two-stage metallic “blue shade green†that I completed about six months ago. The original color was a light Mediterranean blue. I had a professional paint it with absolutely everything removed (I would call it a frame off restoration but it is a uni-body car). There is just enough paint left to repaint the hood if you wanted louvers or to do the hardtop if you don’t like the original black. The paint does have a little Dura-glass under it that I used to repair some dings but nothing major and it has never had any rust except for the corrosion in some of the chrome pieces. The windshield glass is new and all of the rubber pieces inside and out have been replaced. Some of the chrome such as the mirrors, grill, trunk hinges and door handles are in great shape but the front and rear bumpers and headlight rings are a little rough (the pictures only show one on it but the other is just off letting someone borrow it for a fitting). I have some early series bumper pieces on it now because I like the all chrome look but the originals are there as well. All of the keys work and they are the originals. This has both the soft top (new) and the hard top as well. The hard top is complete and with good chrome but the side windows are cracked and none of the rubber or the headliner has been replaced (it really should be before it is used). The tires are by Cooper (Cobra GT) with less than 500 miles on them. The wheels are 14†aluminum made by Ronal (a German supplier for Lotus, Porsche, Saab and many other European brands) and are powder-coated silver with a clear coat.

Powertrain:
Engine: The engine is a Ford 2.6L 60-degree V6 from a low mileage wrecked Capri. It has an Offenhauser manifold and a Holey 390 carburetor. It also a Crane Cams XR700 Points-to-Electronic Ignition Conversion with a Crane Cams PS40 coil. The chrome Moroso air cleaner just fits under the hood. The alternator is a brand new GM one-wire style. The headers are custom made with 1.25†tubing going to a single 1.5†exhaust tube and chrome tip. The fan is a 10-inch electric with a 180-degree auto switch (you might have noticed the non-standard setup with the heater hose), which works very well. The throttle and return spring are a Lokar setup attached to the carb and the kick-down cable is a Lokar setup as well. The battery is a redtop Optima dry cell. The engine compartment is very clean with a nice flat black on the firewall and the fender wells. Overall the engine runs very well with a slight oil leak coming from the drain plug in the pan, which I have not been able fix by just tightening it. I’ve never had it professionally tuned and it has the potential to do better but it is good enough for me.
Transmission: The transmission is a Ford C4 automatic with a fresh rebuild and a shift kit. The tranny dipstick is a Lokar unit mounted on the wheel well. The whole thing is moderately snappy during shifts and seems to be a nice match giving it lots of low-end power but the ability to cruise at 65 mph without a problem.
Rear axle: The rear end is a professionally narrowed Ford 8-inch with drum brakes.

Brakes: The master cylinder is from a Honda and it works very well with the original front disk brake setup and the Ford drum setup in the rear. It has a Summit proportioning valve to help prevent lockup on the drum units.

Suspension: Koni shocks in the front with Spax adjustable ones in the rear. Most of the bushings have been replaced with the exception of the ones in the bar that crosses over the rear of the engine and connects the two arms. The sway bar is a heavier upgraded one (7/8†I believe).

Interior: New carpet, floor mats and dash pad (all black). The seats are from a 1990 Mazda Miata with speakers in the headrest. The door panels are original and a little warped but still very nice looking. It has a custom roll bar (which does take up some of the legroom but could easily be removed), and it has been wired for a radio and speakers but I’ve never installed them. The dash panel is missing a few indicator lights and a few gauges have been replaced with Sunpro units (I still have the originals set to the side). The wipers and heater all work fine but I’ve never hooked the windshield washer tubes back up to the little manual pump unit. The trunk is very clean with flat black paint. The original mat and jack are included and the repair manual is there as well.

The car is located in Salem Oregon but I have access to an enclosed trailer if I need to transport it. The asking price is $6,500. Call Clint at 541-928-7666 if you are interested.

bashby

Donation Time
Looks VERY nice!!!

Looks very nice! Driving an Alpine from Oregon to Colorado in the dead of winter could be an adventure that I may have to experience.

alpine_64

Donation Time
nice looking car.. very good start for someone looking to go down the V6 route. i notice you have the early style over riders on the rear bumper upside down.. do they ever ground?

Also looks like you have a really nice set of JAP wheels on that car.. they are a really great wheel on a pine,

J

jacobsen1978

The wheels are aftermarket aluminum and are made by Ronal which is a German company. They state right on them "Made in West Germany" which likely means they are cold war vintage.

J

jacobsen1978

Thank you all for the complements. Just to give you all an update, I'm working with a buyer on this car and I think it will go to someone who will enjoy it as much as I have. As for the SI-II over-riders, the tailpipe will ground out way before those would which is always my main concern when backing it out of the trailer. They seem to fit OK and I guess it is all personal preference. Another note on the wheels, here is Ronal's site: http://www.ronalusa.com/

bashby

Donation Time
Just Bought it!

Clint, thanks for selling me this car, for doing things correctly and making this a clean beautiful car. Looking forward to it.
Bill Ashby
B395002723

lemansvk

Donation Time
I had that look (accidentally) on my SIII for a while. I had fitted the over riders correctly during the restoration re-assembly, but I got rear-ended first time I drove it afterwards. The panel shop who fixed the damage put them back on upside down and I didn't notice. Until I lined up alongside a couple of other Alpines at British Car Day, and one of the owners pointed it out. :eek::eek:

Cheers, Vic
. i notice you have the early style over riders on the rear bumper upside down.. do they ever ground?