• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1967 Series V for sale

MSiege

Silver Level Sponsor
I am posting here first for interested SAOCA members. Next stop is Craigslist and/or eBay.

Life's complications will keep me from continuing to bring back this Alpine. Structure is in good, solid shape and was originally treated with Zeibart rustproofing – the plugs are intact all over the car. I picked it up from NM and found a few repairs to the floors and a separated trunk seam. It was one of the last cars produced in 1967 – VIN 395018309. Mileage is 56,116.

Original Signal Red exterior was over-sprayed (PO) in an orangey-red color that is in fair condition. Newly, powder-coated rims have brand new tires. Chrome and trim are complete and in good shape. Windshield will need replacement eventually. Convertible frame has been removed. It was missing a bolt and one of the supports is twisted. Top is in fair shape and window is reasonably clear. Could be re-assembled; I was running with no top on for now.

Most recent repair was a rebuild of the fuel system. Both tanks were stripped inside and recoated. A new electric fuel pump and filter were added, bypassing the mechanical pump that is still installed. This leads to the new single, Weber carb that replaced the twin Strombergs. The carbs are still here and can go with the car, as is a brake booster not currently installed. Transmission is noisy and will need help some day but shifting fine right now.

Other miscellaneous features include new foam in the driver’s seat, a new horn ring, a new gas pedal and a bunch of new rubber bits – some installed and some still in packages. Otherwise, the car has most of its original equipment and trim; a good restoration project. It is currently running and registered, and last month passed its required MA safety inspection.

Trying to be clear and honest. I really hadn't expected to let this go. Lots of work still left but lots of potential. Asking $6,000 but will consider reasonable offers. If you are in the northeast and looking for a workable project from a less rusty place, this could be the one for you.

IMG_5285.JPG IMG_5286.JPG IMG_5287.JPG IMG_5288.JPG IMG_5289.JPG IMG_5290.JPG IMG_5291.JPG