• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1965 Tiger At Auction

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Seems a good guy from my dealings. Notice the straight runners on the intake manifold and the large double pumper carb. IF that's a 260 its really tweaked. I had a manifold like that I gave it away as it's designed for WFO racing applications . Hate to mess up his auction and point out the things I see. Seems a lot to detune if it is a solid lifter car and heads some how fitted to that motor. Also unexplained is the bell housing re drilled for a early top loader . Possibly something as simple as a fly wheel change hard to say. Neither of the two Bash a Tiger auctions have TAC certs and that's nearly always a problem but these two cars have some history. I'd bet BaT held the sellers to two really different reserves. I have heard they really beat down applicants to have a lower reserve then they want from a few guys. I agree with Dan ....

65beam

Donation Time
I'm sure there's a buyer out there that will buy the car and be very happy with it. There doesn't seem to be any negative comments concerning this car on other sites or facebook pages. I noticed one comment that was a basic comment that the selling values could be on a strong downward trend. It'll be interesting to see what the final bid is. I'd give 26K for it.

Last edited:

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I had a motor with a manifold that looked just like that I think it was an Edelbrock , I can't remember the exact name but the specs were in the total top end of the RPM capabilities of the motor. If you look at the hand written notes in the notebook there's plenty of numbers scrawled from C3 all the way up to C5 with one of them showing the E-revision which is a 260. It's going to be interesting with the market but I think we're on the rebound already. Uncertainty is hard on a sale and uncertainty is an objection that you can only overcome with the proper information.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Looks like a local budgeted 50,000 and spent very close to that with buyers premium and tax and lic. In New Mexico.
Unless he's one of those Montana LLC types ;)