• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1965 Sunbeam Tiger Up For Auction

alpine_64

Donation Time
Nice looking kitty.... Wonder why they used the cheap VB daah. . switch that out and it will bring the car up very nicely. The rest of it looks very well sorted and clean top and bottom

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
*Caution may contain opinions

"little jab at Fakebook ;)"

Lazy dealers hurt the market by putting on too high a reserve able to splash the dough on detailing the car but unable to call Norm or any of the guys who have copies of the Jensen Ledgers. I suggested the seller do a few things see if it has a LSD and a 2.88 check the casting date on the block but that's too much trouble apparently. A buyer is supposed to buy a car listening to a video of it running and pictures, sure if 60 to 70 G's is pocket money :) The fellow who bought the Orchid green MK2 somehow Google stalked me and called me and asked questions about the TAC program NOT because I am a inspector but because I'm a nosy local at several events etc. Well anyway I told him I learned my lesson buying classic Schwinn bicycles they always look better in pictures especially when shot in photographer chosen Ferrari lighting. He bought it anyway as he was also high bidder on the earlier white car, interesting scuttlebut conversation on that car...

In the dealers defense it is not easy to sell a Tiger at the fickle market high price without the right information and without a team to pull the starter, lift the rear end and count driveshaft rev's dyno the car or find some build data, the the trans and rear end numbers. The BaT crowd is the most sensitive to "original" numbers matching valve covers and can easily disregard the Tiger facts of in range casting and build dates. Wow the car sounds really good on my smart phone puny speaker.

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
I'm waiting for you to sell a tiger in the public market place Warren. You talk a good game, show us how.
Jeff

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Not sure how to take the previous comment, but you do not have to wait. Look on BaT in the stories section of BaT . The Nicely Modified 66 blue car was mine. The car got a TAC but carried a * on the TIROST. The facts that caused the scarlet * there were disclosed to the buyer and everyone who called as I desired a private sale. The posting was cross posted to BaT and ultimately the buyer a seasoned BaT buyer and commenting person bought it. It took some defending of the listing providing information to people who did not realize the LAT hood or even the stock battery position was correct for the car. When that seller came the second guy the first bowing out. I encouraged guys to not take my word and even trust but verify my statements. I did not have the time to be a docent of the marque then and if you look to the STOA it says in a rough quote. The club seeks to help members find good cars. That is quite a good mission statement even though it 's confined to good meaning legit Tiger body shells.