• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1962 Series II - Transmission Rebuild

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hello,

I have pulled my drivetrain and aim to go through it all now.
If anyone can recommend anyone or anywhere that can rebuild this transmission in the Southern California area; that would be great.
I don't trust taking it to any transmission place & them understanding how to deal with this trans.

I would also love anyone who might be a British car mentor type in my area.
I have only rebuilt / restored old domestic cars; so am unfamiliar with this Sunbeam.

Thanks!
Matt in Long Beach, CA

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
I don't know any gearbox rebuilders in the US, but what are the issues with the gearbox?

Mike

Bronze Level Sponsor
It worked fine, years ago, when the engine finally gave out & sat parked for years. I just want it checked out while it is out of the car. I also suspect I should have new gaskets / seals installed. The front Yoke of the driveshaft is pitted and I will need to order a new one. I image that rear transmission seal will be old & damaged.
Thanks