• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1962 Alpine Header Removal

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have the attached headers on this car; no idea if they are stock or not. We have removed the headers from the engine side. We have loosened the exhaust clamps down where the headers enter the Y-Pipes. Is there a secret to separating them? Or do I need a sawzall or a torch?
Thanks!

Attachments

• Headers.jpg
    Headers.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 40

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
It all depends on how they were put together. Normally the down tubes will go into a Y pipe and have exhaust clamps holding it together. Some people weld them together so there's no choice but to cut them. If you do cut them, cut them at the straight pipe that goes to the rear, near the end of the Y. At worst case if they aren't welded
a big rubber mallet does wonders.

Craigegg

Donation Time
My SII was welded on so I had to cut them past the Y, I then took them to a welder so I could attach it by a exhaust clamp.