• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1961 LeMans in OH Auction

agmason54

Donation Time
1961 Lemans

I knew the owner of this car. I never met him face to face but we would talk on the phone.His name was Bill and he was a Marine who fought at Iwo Jima in WWII and never bragged about it.I assume he has passed on..He was old school and never used a computer. The carb fuel line and bumperettes came from me.He offered the car to me once for $7,000...
Agm

napa 1

Donation Time
Generally a pretty nice HLM. Obviously had a restoration done at some point with some minor changes made to originality , but nothing that can't be fixed. Not being picky, but just for fun I found the following issues...

Bonnet emblem is from a Tiger
Bumper overriders are missing front and back
chrome strip on rear window rubber is missing
antenna added
chrome cap missing on washer jets
Clayton Dewandre servo is missing, but supports are still there
Overdrive seems to be disconnected
spear trim finishers are screwed on, instead of hidden clips
How about those home made door panels? Yuk.
Knee bolster/arm rest is not correct, looks like someone's attempt to replicate original
door pull is in wrong location
door panels screwed on instead of clipped
looks like the incorrect seat track?
Back seat support is missing
original formica dash replaced with oak, with incorrect lettering
wrong lighter
clock from a later sunbeam
wrong oil gauge
missing correct Harrington shift knob
wrong headliner material and incorrectly installed
missing sun visors
rear hatch interior side pieces are carpeted rather than same vinyl/leather as the seats

anything else?

65beam

Donation Time
auction

will we find out where this car is going? the owner also tried to sell it to me several years ago but we were in the middle of another project at that time so we didn't buy it. a couple of us were talking over the weekend and counting the number of harringtons we know of in the states

agmason54

Donation Time
1961 le Mans

Le Beamers
It finally came to me.The man's name was Bill Snyder. I did not read the lists of nit picking but I recall he told me the car was in a flood.YIKES I hope he is still kickin and got the cash.I personally can't stand to look at one of those unless it still has fins...
Finney*
aka AGM

*one old GF still calls me that

65beam

Donation Time
auction

the lemans was delivered to cincinnati this afternoon. it is now at a shop on the west side. the new owner called me after the delivery to let me know he has it. it does have a good home.

napa 1

Donation Time
Great. Please let him know that I am happy to help with any restoration questions or part issues. For instance I do have a pattern for those arm rests/knee bolsters, I have carpet patterns etc.

65beam

Donation Time
auction

it remains to be seen what he does to this car. he does build some real nice cars so it should be interesting to see what he does.