• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1961 Apline Seats

1961 Alpine

Donation Time
Looking for seats or seat frames for my 61 Alpine. I have searched and found seats from other years, are the interchangeable? Does anyone have a line on a set laying around? Thanks

alpine_64

Donation Time
The SI and SII seats look the same but the runners were different which allowed a bit more adjustment on the SII seats. The other thing is that the foams are harder to obtain for the SI/II seats... i think some suppliers seem to use MGA squabs which are not quite the same on the thigh support.

There is a guy on ebay guestisgarage (sp?) which i think is grant campbell in canada who has had some repro covers done for the early seats.. VB offers them as do sunbeam specialties (cant comment on fit and quality/accuracy for any of them)

As for finding some contact eric G, or al mason.. they might have some early cars they are breaking.

1961 Alpine

Donation Time
61 Alpine Seats

So, since my 61 is a S2, then any S2 seats will work if I modify the seat rails? If that is the case, it helps my search.