• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1725 - 4 Cyl and 4 spd Trans. For Sale

kmathis

Donation Time
I am selling my 1725 4 Cyl engine and 4 speed transmission. As I am getting ready to install my V6. It is a 1967.
It is in the car and running should anyone like to see it, hear it or drive it, I have two clips below if that helps.
It does not use any oil, compression is 150psi #1; 140psi #2; 140psi #3; 150psi #4.
Has a 2 bbl Webber and I have the strombergs and manifold that will go with the motor
The engine was recently overhauled by the PO; I would guess about 5K mille ago; I have reciepts for .030 pistons, new main, cam and conn. rod bearings and a valve job as well as the machine work. It runs great!
I believe the car has 90K original miles on it.
Transmission is in good condition, (It does not have overdrive) with no unusual sounds and it does not pop out of gear at anytime. (I have heard that some do)

I am asking $800 for the pair and and will concider all offers.

My number is 714-404-0648 - Kelly Mathis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V98-TzTN-8k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQm-BUR-JHI

Thanks,

kmathis

Donation Time
The engine has sold!
So that leaves a very nice 4 sp. transmission without overdrive, never grinds gears, or pops out of gear and smooth shifting. Comes with a good slave cyl.
$200.00 This is out of a Series 5.
Any offer will be concidered.
714-404-0648
Thanks,

kmathis

Donation Time
The engine has sold!
So that leaves a very nice 4 sp. transmission without overdrive, never grinds gears, or pops out of gear and smooth shifting. Comes with a good slave cyl.
$200.00 This is out of a Series 5.
Any offer will be concidered.
714-404-0648
Thanks,

Transmission is sold.
Thanks,

anduril3019

Donation Time
Any others for sale?

Does anyone else have and engine and trans like this for sale in Southern California. I "missed it by that much," to quote a famous Sunbeam driver.