• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

15,000 Mile Alpine on eBay

65beam

Donation Time
alpine

anybody notice that the lower dash pad appears to be pebble grain instead of the normal vinyl used on series 5 cars ??

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
That averages out to under 350 miles per year.... :eek: Maybe if they took it off those garage roller thingees, they could drive it more...:D

Somebody buy this thing.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
anybody notice that the lower dash pad appears to be pebble grain instead of the normal vinyl used on series 5 cars ??

Hmm. Looks just like mine - I wasn't aware there was something different on SV.

mikephillips

Donation Time
I've got a speedo at home with the sticker still on it, it's instructions on how to use the trip reset. I've been thinking of transferring the glass over to my Alpine.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
They make replacement stickers... I'm pretty sure you can find it with Triumph suppliers (they also had those stickers).

On edit:

For the life of me, I can't find them sold singly just now, but here's one as a part of a set:

http://cgi.ebay.it/TRK6001-DECAL-KIT-TRIUMPH-SPITFIRE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ380097457745

9465_1.JPG

nickraymond

Donation Time
It'd be nice if a concours chap bought this!

My Dad owned one that had only done 45,000 miles from the guy who originally purchased it in 1967.

Sadly my Dad had to sell it as he was doing too many miles for it and it was unreliable. He also had no room for two cars.

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Jim Ellis said in another thread about this car "In a good economy I could see this car going for 12k right now who knows it maybe hard to sell at 8k.'

I agree. I was looking at completed auctions "race cars - not street legal" and couldn't believe the number of "did not meet reserve" or zero bid cars. There's some great stuff out there but little interest.

The Lola T-140 which just went I thought was a pretty good deal. I know the car and it has great potential. That Elva MkIII was pretty neat too. Even that Mini was really nice.

It's a tough market out there.

Steve

64beam

Donation Time
Jim Ellis said in another thread about this car "In a good economy I could see this car going for 12k right now who knows it maybe hard to sell at 8k.'

I agree. I was looking at completed auctions "race cars - not street legal" and couldn't believe the number of "did not meet reserve" or zero bid cars. There's some great stuff out there but little interest.

The Lola T-140 which just went I thought was a pretty good deal. I know the car and it has great potential. That Elva MkIII was pretty neat too. Even that Mini was really nice.

It's a tough market out there.

Steve

I agree Steve. If the seller could hold off and keep it in its current condition, they could easily get alot more for it when the markets stabilise (unless that is all they really want for it). Lets hope it falls into the right hands.

Regards, Robin.

John Boggis

Donation Time
John Boggis may have the lowest known mileage Alpine, but if accurate, this one can't be far behind:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Othe...819QQitemZ250388711819QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks
It will be interesting to see what it fetches.

I can't believe that this car is not having some serious bids...This is the best Alpine I have seen for sale in the USA.
My car was very similar to the one on ebay when I purchased it...and I have been offered £20,000 twice by dealers last year !

65beam

Donation Time
e bay alpine

it looks like it went to 11700.00 and did not meet reserve so it must be a no sell. knowing what it takes to restore one , it's not a bad buy at all if you could get it for 15000.00 we have over 30k in the wife's car which is probably more than we could ever get out of it .wasn't there a buy it now price on this car ?

rnimares

Donation Time
When I brought my Series IV Alpine from a crook (sorry,Person) on ebay, I was told that is only have 58,000 on the odometer with a picture of the odometer showing the mileage. When the car finally arrived, I open to trunk to find many old parts that had been replaced, including the original Odometer that had 65,000 miles on it, thus the true mileage was more that 123,000 miles. What more can I say.

Rick

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
When I brought my Series IV Alpine from a crook (sorry,Person) on ebay, I was told that is only have 58,000 on the odometer with a picture of the odometer showing the mileage. When the car finally arrived, I open to trunk to find many old parts that had been replaced, including the original Odometer that had 65,000 miles on it, thus the true mileage was more that 123,000 miles. What more can I say.

Rick

Rick, why are you sure the one in the trunk was the "original"? I have purchased two Alpines, both came with used parts that could never have been on the car. Not even sure all of them were for a Rootesmobile.

Bill