• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

‘1966 1725cc complete still joined motor and transmission

zander0206

Donation Time
1966 1725cc never unjoined motor and transmission from collectors car for sale.
Odo was 33-35? Engine had strong compression and is in wonderful shape aesthetically has been garaged most of its life and has been well maintained. I’m not sure honestly if it has been rebuilt already I purchased it from a third party who acted like it may have been but it’s hard for me to say and unfortunately I didn’t receive any information from the owner or collector other than he had to make more room in his 6 car garage for a new toy so he had to let one go. I wasn’t too concerned with the motor and if it had or had not been rebuilt as I was planning on installing all new drivetrain components into the car for a fully race track ready little green monster I’ve dubbed my “Liger” or “Liar” whichever you prefer lmao . Anyhow, all that being said the motor is in wonderful condition and the couple hundred miles I drove it with the old motor everything went well aside from I was having an issue with the carburetors tuning and getting them synchronized appropriately, but I hadn’t ever had a dual carb set up and when push cam to shove my attention span was coiling with the sensitivity and finite nature of the dual carb adjustment profile and the various combinations of setting that would allow the motor it optimum air fuel here in Southern California as I had it shipped here from the Minnesota country side and I’m sure it was tuned for colder damper environmental conditions. The oil dipstick though, as it relates to the motors history and maintenance, looks like (the motor) has been kept in spectacular condition, there is no sign of overheating, or high stress extended driving there at all, no burning or blacking has left the dipstick stained, and the plugs show relatively nice normal conduction and likewise they are also relatively clean and not stressed at all. Each time I drove it, I’d check the oil expecting a fair degree of consumption as I have herd the motors notoriously use oil, but in the 300 or so miles I drove the car I it was very clean and I believe I added one quart of 20w 50 and a small shot of zinc additive close to when I purchased the car due to oil level being low but very clean and it drove fine consuming about that quart over the 300 miles or so that I motored around before I began the power train swap. I honestly think it’s possible although initially I would have never believed that the five digit miles that the odometer reflects (33???-36???) may be all and only original miles. The car was totally accident free and aside from a couple door dings wonderfully straight over and under. So that’s the gist of it, and if you are interested the whole power train is available for pick up all or nothing. I don’t want to split the pieces it’s like taking out the insoles of one shoe pair and replacing them with another from a different pair of used shoes. They have become harmonized and synchronized and they each are their others better half and I
Sure will operate that way (better) so long as they remain together. I live here on westside of LA county in southern California if you are interested or know someone who is I’m asking for 1500 to help me with my expenses,... but I’m open to offers. As of now I’m only posting the ad here and I’m not pumping it out all over the place, I would like the setup to remain true to its heritage and end up back in a Sunbeam Alpine rather than some other European restoration or God only knows where these day people’s imaginations will place it. As far as I can tell it will have to be purchased by pick up only here at my residence unless your prepared to handle the shipping amd the cost of it and it doesn’t create a hassle for me or imposition for me at all, and in this case I would only do a direct bank to bank Wire Transfer for payment the details I can provide for you if need be obviously. If your interested or know someone who is, contact me ASAP. I have the dual carb setup too but I would recommend new ones, I have a new starter for it also, it has a new fuel pump, needs some new sections of line that got bent in the process, I also have the original headers and any other dressings it had aside from the clutch master and slave cylinders. For what it is, it’s actually very nice and peppy little roadster engine with a nice huummm to it. Feel free to text me if interested three one zero five six one seven one eight zero. Calls and voicemails are tough for me if we haven’t had an introduction via text so please use that as your primary engagement with me and we can go from there..

Attachments

• F01081E7-371C-46B2-BF5A-91F0D361F0BD.jpeg
    F01081E7-371C-46B2-BF5A-91F0D361F0BD.jpeg
    241.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 615540C0-B539-4107-BFD5-F18170D13E62.jpeg
    615540C0-B539-4107-BFD5-F18170D13E62.jpeg
    348.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 52DC52C3-B11B-4C39-A3CF-BCA668FDF9D5.jpeg
    52DC52C3-B11B-4C39-A3CF-BCA668FDF9D5.jpeg
    594.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 8E464E87-D467-4A0B-A6A1-EB7FCF644BFE.jpeg
    8E464E87-D467-4A0B-A6A1-EB7FCF644BFE.jpeg
    623.9 KB · Views: 117
  • B8F574D7-BC52-4FCA-BDD6-60E6BC17A266.jpeg
    B8F574D7-BC52-4FCA-BDD6-60E6BC17A266.jpeg
    496.6 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

alpine_64

Donation Time
While storing it id tape over the inlets so that you don't let all the dirt and crap from your driveway get into the motor....

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
How much and where are you located?

. . . here on westside of LA county in southern California if you are interested or know someone who is I’m asking for 1500 to help me with my expenses,... but I’m open to offers.

I'm not involved with the sale.

Please contact the OP for any needed information, zander0206.

Hope this helps,

Last edited:

Gumby

Donation Time
Does anyone know how to get in touch with Zander0206 ?

I sent him a private message on here but he hasn't logged in since September. I am interested in the engine/trans for my 64 Series IV, and have an opportunity possibly to pick it up locally this weekend "IF" I can get in touch with him. If you know him, PLEASE have him log in and get my private message. If he can't get logged in, PLEASE send me a message with his phone number so we can discuss it.

Thanks...
Richard

Gumby

Donation Time
Try sending him a text at the number in his ad. He says that's the best way to contact him.
Thanks, I missed his phone number in the ad as it was in words not numbers, as I skimmed the end of the ad. Doh!

Gumby

Donation Time
Well, still no response. Have texted him twice, PM here twice, with no responses. I guess he doesn't want to sell anything. or some other reason. Covid maybe.. who knows. If Any of you know him, please let him know I am interested. Thanks

seriesIIIgt

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have a 1725 motor and transmission out of a series 5 l was going to put in my series 3 but changed my mind. It was a good running motor when it was removed from the car. I am in Northern California l would like $600 for both. Pm me if your interested thanks

Gumby

Donation Time
I have a 1725 motor and transmission out of a series 5 l was going to put in my series 3 but changed my mind. It was a good running motor when it was removed from the car. I am in Northern California l would like $600 for both. Pm me if your interested thanks

I sent you a PM. forgot to include my phone number, so now you have two PM's from me.