• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Q

Original Trunk Mat

Trunk mat thanks! Easy transaction. Thanks for the gear Greenbean!
  2. Q

Fender Motif & rubber hood spacers reattachment

Great info! I'll be in touch with Rick at SS soon. Thanks.
  3. Q

Fender Motif & rubber hood spacers reattachment

Hello Restorers- I finally found replacement motif badges and surrounds, but I can't figure how to get behind the front fenders to reattach them to the car. Forum search for "Motif" described how to remove & refurbish, but I failed to find how to re-attach. I'm worried there is no access to...
  4. Q

Whole bunch of parts came with '62 Series II. What are they and what are they worth?

gear Hi Road dog, Lots of neat stuff there. Check e-bay under Sunbeam Alpine for what the items are and might bring. The forum folks are helpful too, and I like the idea of first chance to purchase going to Sunbeamers.
  5. Q

New Member 1967 Alpine

Welcome! I'm new as well, but my findings on the forum, information and parts availability echo yours. Good luck and I'll be looking forward to following your progress.
  6. Q

LED dash lights

source for LED's? Great idea guys! Can you share info on bulb size and sources? I know LED's have had a cool (blue) spectrum for white, but new bulbs appear to cover the white light spectrum much better now.
  7. Q

Clocks

repairing clocks Hi Jon- Thanks for this post. Are either of the 2 non-working clocks repairable? The new one looks like a gem-I'll bet you get a good price. Will be watching!
  8. Q

SII on eBay

SIII previously sold on e-Bay I looked hard at this car earlier this year before I purchased my alpine thorough e-bay. When this one went above $10K, I figured the series III was likely the most expensive of the series. On the current auction I do note that the photos appear to be the same...
  9. Q

Stromberg 150 float bowl o-ring

Stromberg jet adjustment O-ring sizes Rich- Thanks again for sending the original O-rings and follow-up info on materials! Took them to NAPA and found (black-so assume nitrile) replacements easily for a buck each. Closest appeared to be the following. diagram from WSM page 46 #18 O-ring for...
  10. Q

San Diego British Car Day 2013

2013 British Car Day Hi Mike, I did make it-turned out the carburetor was just mis-assembled. Lots of comments on "Q", including a fellow who had judging experience, but I had to compete against the tigers and the winner was a beauty. Was great weather, great people and even got to meet...
  11. Q

San Diego British Car Day 2013

Britishcar Day San Diego 2013 Hi Mike, I've registered "Q" and plan to be there pending the outcome of leaking carburetor/rough running after fluid and timing cover chain updates. Shout out especially to Rich Vose Jr. who kindly sent the correct o-rings for the leak, and e-bay which sold me...
  12. Q

Stromberg 150 float bowl o-ring

I can't locate a size for the float bowl seal o-ring nor the mixture adjusting screw o-ring. Forum threads note Ace Hardware (plumbing?) nitrile o-rings may work. Carburetor sites state Viton o-rings are the correct fuel resistant material. Does anyone know the size and material information...
  13. Q

window regulator help

check the tracks on the window I just replaced a window on a series V. Had problems connecting the roller to the track on the window.........until we noticed the metal track that needs to catch the roller wheels on the regulator had subtly different shapes between the two windows. We paid a...
  14. Q

Stromberg gas leak repair-fail; seeking advise

Hi Folks-thanks for your attention to this query! Unfortunately I don't have the manual to address the parts by name, but do recall the "bushing" (seen external to bottom of the carb bowl appears to be the "lock-nut" to this brass bushing) and the o-ring was #18 on the exploded diagram. The...
  15. Q

Stromberg gas leak repair-fail; seeking advise

After updating fluids, hoses, fuel filter, timing chain cover and tensioner on "Q", sV mostly stock alpine which was running well, we noticed the Stromberg carbs leaking at the bottom. After searching the forum and consulting the WSM, we unscrewed the bushing and replaced the o-rings with...
  16. Q

Rubber Tensioner

Tensioner rubber II Bill-you are correct, I do not have an original tensioner rubber. I need to get the car back together for the British car show in San Diego October 13, but like your oil soaking idea. I think I will purchase another and leave it in a used oil filled jar in the San Diego sun...
  17. Q

Rubber Tensioner

Still finding swollen rubber tensioners What is the feeling in 2013 regarding the quality of the tensioner rubber? I'm working on fixing the timing cover leak and pulled a broken, chain worn, slimy swollen black slug of a rubber tensioner from my 1966 sV that was re-built in the 2000's...
  18. Q

cleaning up chrome

pH & acids Phosphoric acid is considered a weak acid (less willing to separate one of the H+ ions from the PO4 anion) while hydrochloric acid (trade name muriatic acid) is a strong acid-very willing to separate positive from negative ions in the presence of water. Concentration of acid is...
  19. Q

cleaning up chrome

Aluminum oxide I used this method to clean up the chrome top on a 1940's stove refurbish project. Just wet and rub. Worked well, but not perfectly on badly oxidized chrome plated nickle copper. Aluminum oxide electro-chemistry can be validated from various web postings. Note, the steel wool...
  20. Q

Whitewall Tires

alternate whitewall tire These are on e-bay, identified from a later thread. Look acceptable. Milestar MS75 Tires 175/80R13 from buywheelstoday in Ohio.