• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. B

Low Oil Pressure when warmed-up?

Thank you again for the info Jose. I feel better about my engine. This forum is always the first place I go to when I need this type of info. You guys really know this stuff and are always so willing to share your knowledge. Take care, Sincerely, Gary
  2. B

Bill, thanks, that makes sense and is re-assuring. As I mentioned, the engine runs fine and I guess I should leave well enough alone. Gary
  3. B

The engine was rebuilt about 10 years ago by someone else. I've only put about 7,000 miles on it sense. The oil pressure may have been acting like this for awhile but I wasn't aware of it because my old guage wasn't working properly. I just put a new oil pressure gauge on it and was surprised by...
  4. B

My Ford 2.8 V6 runs fine (it doesn't burn or leak oil or anything), but after it warms-up the oil pressure at idle (~800 RPM) is only around 20. When I first start it and its still cool, the pressure is around 50 at idle. When I'm at cruising speeds even when its hot the pressure seems fine at...
  5. B

Carb advice please; when corning hard it stalls

Thanks Guys, I'll try raising the float level first as suggested (adhering to "one change at a time"!) Gary
  6. B

This is on the 350 cfm 2 barrel carb. It seems to happen more when I turn hard to the right and has sometimes happened when braking hard. One pump of the gas pedal and it starts again and runs fine. I'm thinking a couple of years ago I might have lower the float level a little bit because...
  7. B

I've got a Holley 350 cfm on an otherwise stock Ford 2.8. It seems to run fine, but when I corner fairly hard it'll sometimes stall. Before I start playing with the jets or float level or mixture screws, etc, any advice regarding which to try adjusting first? Otherwise, as I mentioned, it seems...
  8. B

Question on 2.8 intake manifolds

Jose, thank you for the quick reply. I'll go with your suggestion regarding a block off plate and not try the offy gasket approach. I'm running the Holley 2 barrel 350 cfm, however, some day I'd like to switch to the offy 4 barrel set-up like you guys. Take care. Sincerely Gary
  9. B

Question on 2.8 intake manifolds

I know quite a few of you have the offenhauser intake manifold set-up on your Ford 2.8. The stock manifold has an exhaust cross-over port to heat the manifold, but from pics I've seen, it doesn't look like the offenhauser manifold has the cross over. Is that correct? Are the 2.8s with the offy...
  10. B

Advice on Removing Exhaust Manifold Bolts

Thanks Jim. That makes sense. Kind of frustrating tho that what should be a simple bolt-on can get so involved. I guess the exhaust header bolts are kind of just too small which leads to this breaking-off problem. Gary.
  11. B

Advice on Removing Exhaust Manifold Bolts

A couple of years ago I put headers on the 2.8 in my BII. I'd heard getting the exhaust manifold bolts out of the 2.8 without breaking can be a problem so I took it to a professional mechanic instead of tackling the job myself. As it turns out, he had a couple break on him anyway and he had to...