• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. E

Original Rootes Workshop manual Alpine and Rapier

Apologies if a manual doesn't fall under the category of parts: I have an original Rootes Group work shop manual which covers Rapier series III -IV, and Alpine series I-IV. Pages are all fine, but plastic cover is brittle and yellowed. If anyone in the group wants this, I will send it...
  2. E

Series IV 1592 Engine

This engine came from one of four Alpines I bought at an estate sale a few years back. Because the owner could not give details, this is all I know abut this engine: The Series IV had been in a wreck and the car was not drivable. We pulled the engine and fired it up outside of the car. The...
  3. E

Non stop wipers

My Series III has the DR3A wiper motor and when connected will not shut off. I've replace the switch and tried adjusting the motor to no effect. Electrical short? Anyone familiar with this problem, your insight would be greatly appreciated. Scott
  4. E

Series IV hood and trunk lid

I'm in the process of putting my Series III up for sale, and have a hood and trunk lid from a Series IV which - as you all know - doesn't work for a Series III. I'm offering both free to anyone who wants to either drive to pick them up or pay for shipment. I'm in the NorCal area, 100 miles...
  5. E

Series III Trans removal

Not being an experienced mechanic, I'm following the directions of Clymers Sunbeam Owners Handbook for removing the transmission. Mine has an OD and I reached the point of having successfully followed all the directions, yet the transmission is not coming out. Everything is disconnected, all...
  6. E

NorCal Mechanic

Does anyone know of a good mechanic who works on Alpines who might be within 100 miles or so of Chico, CA? The guy I used has retired, and I need my trans / OD repaired. I don't want to own a garage queen and my SIII hasn't been outside all summer.
  7. E

63 Series III GT w/od

I’m looking to find a home with a caring owner for my 63’ Alpine GT Series III. I found this car after it had sat in a garage in Monterey for 27 years. Due to the odometer not working (reads 00000), I can only guesstimate (through knowledgeable third parties) that it had about 72,000 miles...
  8. E

Gearbox fluid

After a search, I saw that the question of how to fill the gearbox was posted a year ago. Sure enough, I looked at a spare trans I have and the fill plug was exactly where the posters said it would be. Then I went under my SIII and there is no plug there. So now the question for me still...
  9. E

Complete drive train from SIV

I have a complete drive train from a Series IV which had been trashed. We were able to fire the engine briefly, and it runs fine, but I can't vouch for the tranny or rear end (however, I do have a second transmission and a couple of extra differentials, along with spare axles). I am willing to...
  10. E

Series IV trunk and hood

I'm clearing out parts and have very clean (no dents) hood and trunk for Series IV available. Would hate to send them to the scrapyard.
  11. E

63 Series III

This is a head's up that I will be putting up my Alpine, aka Reginald Elston Mutterwald III, for sale. I prefer to sell as a package, as I have many extra parts. It will take a few days to come up with a complete list, but the short list is as follows: extra engine, extra transmission, extra...
  12. E

1967 Series V ST

I have a Series V for sale, and it's killing me that it is out in the elements, as I've no place to store it. The body is perfect, with no dents or rust and no signs of past accidents. The soft top frame is there, and I currently have an after market hardtop on to keep the rain out. The...
  13. E

Series III hardtop

I have a hardtop which was the original on my Series III before I restored it. There is lots of rust along the back, and I'm not sure it salvageable without a lot of work, but anyone interested can have it. Pictures are available. Otherwise, it will be going to the dump.
  14. E

1968 Series V for sale

I have a Series V which was purchased over a year ago with the idea that my son and I would restore it for him, to add another Alpine in the family to go with my Series III. However, plans have changed and I am offering this great candidate for restoration to serious offers. The car hasn't...