• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. E

Original Rootes Workshop manual Alpine and Rapier

Apologies if a manual doesn't fall under the category of parts: I have an original Rootes Group work shop manual which covers Rapier series III -IV, and Alpine series I-IV. Pages are all fine, but plastic cover is brittle and yellowed. If anyone in the group wants this, I will send it...
  2. Reginald Elston Mutterwald III

Reginald Elston Mutterwald III

Reggie showing off after his new paint and wheels.
  3. E

Series IV 1592 Engine

This engine came from one of four Alpines I bought at an estate sale a few years back. Because the owner could not give details, this is all I know abut this engine: The Series IV had been in a wreck and the car was not drivable. We pulled the engine and fired it up outside of the car. The...
  4. E

Non stop wipers

I guess I need the occasional reminder of "KISS". I had reversed two wires. Works great now, thanks again.
  5. E

Non stop wipers

Thank you - I'll advise results after I get back under the dash.
  6. E

Non stop wipers

My Series III has the DR3A wiper motor and when connected will not shut off. I've replace the switch and tried adjusting the motor to no effect. Electrical short? Anyone familiar with this problem, your insight would be greatly appreciated. Scott
  7. E

Series IV hood and trunk lid

These are rounded corners, and my SIII is squared.
  8. E

Series IV hood and trunk lid

I'm in the process of putting my Series III up for sale, and have a hood and trunk lid from a Series IV which - as you all know - doesn't work for a Series III. I'm offering both free to anyone who wants to either drive to pick them up or pay for shipment. I'm in the NorCal area, 100 miles...
  9. E

Series III Trans removal

Transmission is out :) Guess I just needed some reassurance from the good and knowledgeable people here. Thanks again to all, and I'll remember to use the added advise here when re-installing. Scott
  10. E

Series III Trans removal

Thanks to all for the input - I am quite sure that all bolts and other attachments were disconnected - since it took me forever to get the two top bolts out. Engine has not been run in about two years now and I'm doing a trans only removal from underneath. I did get some separation between...
  11. E

Series III Trans removal

That's probably the cause, since it has not been opened up in at least thirty years. But how would I break it loose??? Spray a chemical - shake or pound it?
  12. E

Series III Trans removal

Not being an experienced mechanic, I'm following the directions of Clymers Sunbeam Owners Handbook for removing the transmission. Mine has an OD and I reached the point of having successfully followed all the directions, yet the transmission is not coming out. Everything is disconnected, all...
  13. E

NorCal Mechanic

Does anyone know of a good mechanic who works on Alpines who might be within 100 miles or so of Chico, CA? The guy I used has retired, and I need my trans / OD repaired. I don't want to own a garage queen and my SIII hasn't been outside all summer.
  14. E

Gas Tank

Uninformed question - I know SI has one tank under boot, and have a single tank; and I know (since I have one) SIII has tanks in fins. But I don't know what SII has. If one tank, I have one in pretty good condition if you're still interested. I'm in N. California. Eskles
  15. E

63 Series III GT w/od

I didn't move anything - badges were all as is when I got the car.
  16. E

63 Series III GT w/od

I’m looking to find a home with a caring owner for my 63’ Alpine GT Series III. I found this car after it had sat in a garage in Monterey for 27 years. Due to the odometer not working (reads 00000), I can only guesstimate (through knowledgeable third parties) that it had about 72,000 miles...
  17. E

Gearbox fluid

Thanks for the input - I was going to add fluid because the one in the car was beginning to make noises and I hoped it was just low on fluid, but it sounds like I might be better off just swapping transmissions - especially if the one there now is not from that series. Can I assume that the...
  18. E

Gearbox fluid

After a search, I saw that the question of how to fill the gearbox was posted a year ago. Sure enough, I looked at a spare trans I have and the fill plug was exactly where the posters said it would be. Then I went under my SIII and there is no plug there. So now the question for me still...
  19. E

63 Series III

Car is garaged in Northern California.
  20. E

63 Series III

For complete sale with all extras, I was asking $12K. Haven't yet considered selling separately, so haven't thought about a price.