• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. lloydel

proportioning valve

My mechanic says my brakes are fading because the proportioning valve is failing. Not something I've heard of before. Does it make sense to you? I don't see anything like that in the Sunbeam Specialties catalog or with a forum search. Where can I find one or can I get a rebuild kit...
  2. lloydel

A couple suspension questions

I had my mechanic install new Spax adjustable front shocks on my Series 1. How do I judge that they are adjusted properly? Also, he said my rear leaf springs are "weak and tired" and that he can send them out to be restored. What do you think? A quick web search distinguishes between...
  3. lloydel

Looseness in steering wheel

I noticed when driving my Series I Alpine that the stock steering wheel now turns about 4 inches before turning begins. It then engages and works until I turn the other way and the same 4 inch free play is apparent. I took the horn ring and the cowling off to look. The large nut was tight...
  4. lloydel

opening hood

I opened the hood just fine, closed it, and now it won't open. The pull handle under the dash box now feels very loose--not connected. What do I do? How do I open the hood without being able to release the catch? Can opener? Thanks, Lloyd
  5. lloydel

cooling system leak

What material should I get to replace the gasket under the triangular flange that holds the radiator cap onto the aluminum overflow tank.? I would like to have the material before I unbolt it. The present gasket is black and about t 3/16" thick. Thanks, Lloyd Series I
  6. lloydel

Fuse Unit

Where is the fuse box on a Series 1? I can't see it. My fuel and temperature gauges have stopped working. Could this be the switched circuit fuse? What else runs on that circuit? Thanks, Lloyd P.S. Haven't been here for a while. I will renew my membership.
  7. lloydel

Wiper Motor?

I knew that my wiper motor was going, but, of course, I didn't try to replace it during the (California) dry season. Now that the rains have started, the wipers have stopped. Can you tell me, is the motor for Series 1 the same as later models? Is it the same as other british cars of the...
  8. lloydel

Strangler

I use my choke in the morning to keep the revs up until the engine warms up. Recently it has begun to gradually slide back in on its own. There must be a a way to tighten this. How do I do this? Thanks for the help.