• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. seriesvince

Series IV GT V6

It's with a heavy heart that I have decided to sell my Series IV GT V6. I just don't have the time to dedicate to it anymore, and it just sits in the garage and collects dust. :( A bit of info about the car... It's a 2.8 L ford V6 with a t-5 installed using Joe's kit. The engine was...
  2. seriesvince

Inside Door Pull Handle

I need a pair of these for my series IV. Does anyone have any in good condition? -Vince
  3. seriesvince

Diff Noise

Guys, I'm getting a "clicking" sound, almost a grind, coming from what sounds like the diff area while under acceleration. It almost sounds like the U-Joint hitting the side of the tunnel when getting a bit of torque. I put the car up on stands and I can't seem to see anything that would...
  4. seriesvince

She is close...

Just wanted to share some pictures with you guys. My labor of love for the last 5 years is nearing completion. All I have left to do is get the exhaust done... finish some interior things here and there (wing windows... etc) and chase down some ridiculous oil leak I have. She pulls hard and...
  5. seriesvince

Replacement Rear View Mirror

Does anyone know of a good replacement mirror that looks period correct and isn't impossible to find? My car had no mirror on it when I bought it and i'm struggling to find something nice that wont cost me an arm and a leg. If a little bid of modification needs to be done... no big deal...
  6. seriesvince

Wing Windows

Is anyone running their sunbeam without the wing windows on the doors? If so... what did you do to fill the "hole" in where the window meets the door? any ideas would be great...
  7. seriesvince

windshield frame polishing

the windshield frame pieces that I have are very dull. I was hoping to polish them up and bring a shine back to them. does anyone have any advice on the right method to do this? What to use? tips? thanks.
  8. seriesvince

v6 carb help

I'm running a Holley 390 on the ford 2.8. starts, but idles VERY high... around 2000 rpm. Its not the standard idle adjustment. I can back the idle screw all the way out and it is still running at 2000 rpm. The air flap is open just slightly... if I force it close, the idle obviously slows...
  9. seriesvince

SIV Steering column cover

anyone have one to sell? thanks...
  10. seriesvince

GT Interior Panels

I need... GT door panels Kick panels B-Post Panels They dont need to be perfect... or even pretty... they will be recovered. Thanks again everyone... Vince
  11. seriesvince

Carb Bonnet

Do you guys think this would work in a v6 application? Does a 2" diameter allow for enough air to get through...
  12. seriesvince

V6 header gaskets

For those of you who are using Jose's kit... does someone have a part # for the gasket set that fits between the headers and the cylinder heads? I need to replace my set as they were damaged. thanks.
  13. seriesvince

WANTED - Dash braces

I'm desperately trying to reassemble my alpine and keep coming up short on parts! I need the 2 braces that attach the dashboard to the firewall. I think they are about 12 inches long and mount to the firewall with a couple of bolts. Its a Series IV if it matters... Please PM me or reply...
  14. seriesvince

Holley 390 Jets

For those of you who are running the 390... what jet size did you end up using and why? Any other special tweaks required to get maximum HP out of this carb in this application? Thanks
  15. seriesvince

Drivers Side (Left) Door Hinge

Just like the title says. I need the UPPER left door hinge. Mine is bent up... Thanks...
  16. seriesvince

Headlight Rims

I'm looking for a set of nice straight headlight rims. Mine are too mangled to be useable... Non-Peaked prefered.... Thanks!
  17. seriesvince

Wanted - Interior Panels for Series IV GT

I am looking for some good solid interior piece that I can recover for use in my IV GT. The pieces I am most interested in are those that live in the rear "seat" area... but I would consider taking whatever someone might have. also... i'm not aware of a source where you can get these panels...
  18. seriesvince

VB Windshield Glass

Does anyone have any experience with purchasing this windshield from VB? I know a lot of their stuff is junk and doesn't fit right. But... some is decent. They have a windshield for $170. http://victoriabritish.com/icatalog/sun/0026.asp Any opinions? Thanks! Vince
  19. seriesvince

Milky Oil!!!!

So as I was draining the oil in my 2.8 to pull the motor so I could get the car to the paint shop... I noticed that the oil was coming out a milky color. I can only assume this means that I have water in the oil. Here is the history... Motor was rebuilt about 9 months ago. It was then fit...
  20. seriesvince

Good body shop in the Salt Lake Area

Does anyone know a good shop in the area? I have just moved and need a recommendation on a place to work on my front valence and to shoot some paint. Not looking for super show paint... just good work at a good price. Thanks guys. Vince