• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Rodewaryer

1969 Alpine GT brakes

I have had this Az car a very long time, nearing 40 yrs I think. I had some issues simply rolling the poor thing around from one storage location to another and it was so bad we needed to remove a rear drum to roll the car. So we're putting these on it this summer, might as well they're just...
  2. Rodewaryer

Rapier on Bring A Trailer

Well I've been sitting on my project 69 Alpine GT for a lot of years now toying with what to do with it. I'll be putting rear brakes on it here this summer as it wouldn't even roll around without removing a rear drum. I have toyed with the idea of a Lotus 907 engine in it making my own Lotus...
  3. Rodewaryer

Sunbeam Alpine GT (Rapier) Windshield

I've emailed them as well, my 69 GT could use one. Pretty sure the original is badly road rashed.
  4. Series V ST

Series V ST

My buddy of 34 years.
  5. Rodewaryer

Ebay Photo seller

This guys store might be old news to some but while perusing (?) his sale items and store for X-15 and similar era pics I spotted some 'Beams, thought some of you here might be interested. His pics are a bit pricey but some are on sale (the first 3 links) and some dedicated owners might be...
  6. Rodewaryer

The Photo Contest is on!

The owner of the white one should appreciate this. Prob could have posted it in the 'ebay finds' but not sure that thread would get the same individual's attention (sorry, forgot your name). Nice historic pic with pretty good provenance right there on the back. :-) I will make another post with...
  7. Rodewaryer

Phoenix Wheels of Britain 2011

Scanned several of the forums here to see if this was already covered, if I missed it, apologies. This is always a great event. Weather was pretty cooperative as it is it 'most' years. 4 very nice Alpines/Tigers were present. The 4th one not pictured was Series 6's car down in the masters class...
  8. Rodewaryer

Ebay Landsdowne Alpine SIII model

Posted this with my Sebring model thread but for those that may not frequent that particular forum, this Landsdowne model is on ebay, for quite a lot less than I had to pay for mine...
  9. Rodewaryer

Sebring '61 models

Just added to the collection. I know they DNF'd but doesn't matter to this kid. New Sunbeam models are few and far between. FYI for anyone looking for models, this excellent Landsdowne Model of a SIII on ebay is 'currently' going for a relative song. These are usually more like...
  10. Rodewaryer

Car covers

I can't remember if I got my cotton/flannel cover from Big Sky Car Covers or from Autosport. Either way it's a Custom fit, really nice cover. Pretty sure both companies do cotton covers. Be advised, cotton covers gets saturated with dust and eventually just get the car dirtier. A cotton cover...
  11. Rodewaryer

What RPM

Then again, an engine that never rev's into certain regions will likely never like being revved there either. My built 1600 back in autocross days loved 5000+, but it was balanced to feel good at those rpm's and it often saw 6000. I agree with the don't 'lug' it, ie expecting useable torque...
  12. Rodewaryer

Good Lion image

I have copies of this like the example on the side of my (at the time) Landy.....but by the time I get home and access, someone will have surely beat me to it.
  13. Rodewaryer

Worlds fastest Sunbeam

This is huge. I mean really huge. WOW!! As someone said on the other forum, aside from the OTT feeling this gives and how grand an undertaking this was and successfully achieved, for the Alpine to still basically have the standard shape.....is, well, quite a surprise. The icing on the cake is...
  14. Rodewaryer

Alpine TV interview

Nice, what a great way to validate your Beam. The icing on the cake was gietting the Mrs on film too.
  15. Rodewaryer

Check out these paintings

Excellent for his age, wonder when he gets older and maybe develops an eye for detail how he will do......
  16. Rodewaryer

Sunbeam Model collection additions

That ebay item is interesting but 1/18 doesn't really appeal to me personally, too big and takes up a hell of a lot of room. There are a lot of goodies here in the US for 1/18 cars though since they are pretty popular. Try finding 1/43 accessories sometime....not impossible but not fun.
  17. Rodewaryer

Got a real confidence inspiring email back from Wim at Racing models UK. This is all he said: "I have taken note of your remarks, Thanks" The English tend to be real petrol heads, seriously. He calls his business by a very specific name...."Racing Models UK". He deals in some roadcars...
  18. Rodewaryer

Yep, it has flaws. However, I haven't seen another one out there offered by someone else......better or worse. The Sebring site I checked showed the #55 car 31st and confirmed the Yenko car was 32nd, and also confirmed the second driver name spelling ending with an 'e'. Seemed a pretty good...
  19. Rodewaryer

The latest from Racing Models UK. The '61 Sebring Alpine of Theodoli/Baretti. And unrelated to the Beam collection, but none the less interesting, a Looksmart models Lamborghini Canto from Grand Prix Models in the UK. A far more interesting design IMO than the current Audi-ghinis.
  20. Rodewaryer

Non Hooded Headlights

Non hooded headlight surrounds on a Sunbeam Alpine is something like a 4 door Ferrari, or a Porsche with water cooling or a truck with low profile street tires. Sure all those things work and can still look 'good' but they take away from the originality and character of the original. Hell, when...