• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. echo1

Oem Rootes Manuals

These are some late '50s shop rates. The manuals range from '54 to '59 model years. No Alpines. PAX
  2. echo1

OEM MANUAL Part II

Here's some more including a "confidential" flat rate book and parts contact letter. The verbiage is very British. PAX
  3. echo1

Oem Rootes Manuals

Hi Guys, As I said in my last post here, besides parts, I got a bunch of service manuals, flat rate books, parts/accessories catalogues, order forms and a Husky Owners manual (or it was from my first Husky?). All OEM Rootes. Took some pictures of them today. They're from '56 to '59 model...
  4. echo1

Rhd Resto Referral Needed

Hi All, After 35 years as a garage queen , I'm going to attempt to get my Tiger done this year. It's taken a bad hit on the left quarter pillar, at the door jam. She's been indoors the entire time, but was a rust bucket when I got it. Anyone have a body shop reccomendation near the Modesto...
  5. echo1

Low and Fast

It's from compression, the water vapor being squeezed out of the atmosphere. Always awsome. PAX
  6. echo1

Rootes Groupie

Hi All, NorKal guy trying to get my rigs straightened out. Sunbeam/Hillman owner since '70. Natural "Junkie", so I've managed to accumulate a few bits and pieces along the way. Thought I'd check in with this chapter. PAX
  7. echo1

Oem Rootes Parts Find

Hi All, Here's yet another crappy pict from my "obscure collection". This is a bunch of parts I got about 35 years ago. I was looking for a beauty ring when I stumbled upon a guy with this stuff. In the late '60s, he picked up the complete inventory of a former authorized Rootes repair...
  8. echo1

Ag Huskys

Hi All, Here's a crappy picture from my "obscurity" collection. I couldn't figure out how to edit it better. It's a shot of support vehicles, "flagger rigs", from an ag operation in the '50's. Stearmans, Huskys, and one Hillman is an "estate wagon", judging from the roof line. This was...
  9. echo1

New Guy Saying Hi...

In Ripon. Defected from "The Pit" (Bay Area) in '76. PAX
  10. echo1

New Guy Saying Hi...

Hello All, Nearing retirement and getting all my project ducks in a row. Will be reaching out to the community for input/advice/experience. Never driven an Alpine, but I've been a Tiger owner since '70. First rig was a '65, white with black hard top, red interior, I totaled it in '72...