• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. M

microcell seats

Restoring Microcell Seats I am trying to restore my Harrington seats. The side bolsters are worn through on the drivers side and the foam has turned to powder. The webbing under the seats is as saggy as my middle aged belly. Anyone have any ideas on how to put together sets for making these...
  2. M

Sway bar from Victoria Brit?

Thanks, Robbie. Is it pretty much bolt in or is there modification involved? Looks pretty similar in drawings.
  3. M

Sway bar from Victoria Brit?

Not sure if this is the right place for this question or if this has been covered before. Sorry if redundant, but couldn't find it in search. Anyone tried the new after market anti roll bars for the front suspension available from VB? I have seen the same model elsewhere, so obviously they are...
  4. M

Anti Roll Bar

I have replaced the bushes on the anti roll bar inmy Harrington, and while that helped stabilize things, I suspect its possible that the bar itself is nearly as old as I am and has lost some strength. I recently replaced the bars (front and rear) in my 1964 E-Type and it made a world of...
  5. M

Clean-looking HLM at Hyman Motors

I will try to post a pic of the wheels. Thanks!
  6. M

Steering was much heavier before the front end rebuild. I have come to the conclusion its the ball joints with no capacity to hold grease. I hope to replace them. Having cleaned them up and lubed them as well as possible, things are better no, although still not right. Replaced the coil with the...
  7. M

Thanks! That's a really generous offer. My issues right now are two. One, I think I need the steering bo rebuilt as its the last factor in my heavy steering. Is there a way to do it without taking the box out of the car? How hard is that? Second, I have had a string of coils fail at a rate of...
  8. M

Its mine... Hi all - several months ago I bought the Hyman Harrington. I paid a little more than the auction price noted in the auction site from 2006 but not much, and alot less than what they listed it for. I know the collectibility isn't as great due to the mods, but for me, I drive it all...