• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. fordlandia

rear gear 3.89

Just found an old thread about spinning the rear end and measuring rotation to determine ratio. I'll try to determine the ratio that way. The PO said it was one of the two lower numerical differentials. Bill
  2. fordlandia

rear gear 3.89

Hi, I have a spare differential that the prior owner of my Series V intended to install. Is there a part number identifying the rear gear ratio? I also have a complete overdrive transmission I plan on selling. I can take both to the United 40 so to avoid shipping. I only recently decided to...
  3. fordlandia

Mechanical Brake Light Kits

PayPal Payments Bill, Anyone with a PayPal account can receive payments from others who have accounts. When you get an order, you can send a "request for payment" or an "invoice." Go to the first page of your account info, and look under "Selling Tools." Click on that and select "manage...
  4. fordlandia

Series V Engine + Engine Compartment

To the best of my knowledge... ... this Alpine has not been repainted. There has been some touch-up by the original owner in a few places with (apparently) a small brush and a bottle of touch-up paint... but none of the body panels have been repainted. Interior is also original, including...
  5. fordlandia

WTB: One Panasport 14 X 6 Wheel

I'm looking to buy one (1) 14" X 6" Panasport wheel for a Tiger. Want the wheel to use with my spare tire... so not 100% necessary that the wheel be "perfect" but will pay appropriately if it is in that kind of condition. Just wondering if anyone happens to have one they'd like to part with...
  6. fordlandia

Seat back finishing

I had to do some repairs on my Series V driver's seat back. One of the photos I've attached shows the seat back just after I removed the four (4) screws from the bottom of the back. The other pics are after I finished the work. As you can see, the bottom of the seat back was screwed on after...
  7. fordlandia

1725 Badge / Motif Restoration

All the "original" badges I have seen have black on the back, then covered with a silver (for some reason). Although others with more experience will hopefully comment, I did notice that the reproduction motifs that are sold (e.g. the "Rootes 1725" inserts) are painted black on the back...
  8. fordlandia

Thanks, glad to be of help! Eric, good to know that the type of polish in a headlight kit would be perfect, I suppose any good brand of plastic polish would work well. I happened to use the "Novus" brand of plastic polish, bought mine via Amazon...
  9. fordlandia

I've posted a slideshow depicting the steps I used to restore the 1725 badge insert on my Series 5 Alpine (my first Alpine... long time Tiger owner, but purchased a one owner '66 Alpine a while back). I thought this might be helpful to someone who wants to retain the original insert. Once...
  10. fordlandia

alpine values

Hagerty Values Actually, Hagerty has detailed value charts for most Alpine and Tiger series. For example, the '66 Alpine Series V is at this link: http://www.hagerty.com/valuationtools/HVT/VehicleSearch/Report?vc=1327387 I have downloaded a .pdf file for that car, but cannot attach it to...
  11. fordlandia

Paint on clips... Kevin, I noticed that, too... no, it has not been repainted. However, there are a number of spots in the engine compartment where the original owner used "touch-up" paint at some point. In fact, it appears he touched things up on two occasions, because one time the paint...
  12. fordlandia

Kevin, Thanks for the info on the clutch master cylinder unit. I'll start looking for the rubber button that is missing... but I'm having a hard time picturing what I'm looking for. Does it fit over the right side of the solenoid (as you look at the photo)? I checked the "sketch" in...
  13. fordlandia

The "bright & shiny" clutch master cylinder doesn't look original to me. Is it correct to assume that the MC unit should be the cast aluminum type (like in the Tiger?). This is a Lockheed and looks new enough that I'm thinking it is a replacement?
  14. fordlandia

Tom & Kevin, So I'm guessing that when the vacuum gauge was hooked up, the PCV and flame trap lines were changed. The line from the tappet cover runs to a "T" that was inserted. The flame trap line is also connected to the "T" as is the line that runs to the air cleaners. Looks like all I...
  15. fordlandia

Pvc Connections You are correct... the vacuum gauge connection is incorrect (that is... the pcv connections are not right, apparently). I have posted photos of the way the hoses now run... can you guys help me understand what is wrong?
  16. fordlandia

A Few More Photos & Questions... A few more photos, and a few related questions. Is this the original style coil? Should there be a decal on it? The following tag is affixed to the scuttle on the driver's side. Was this something the factory applied or was it added later...
  17. fordlandia

Tom, You asked "what is that "wire" coming out of a hose near the oil filler neck about?" I'm going to check that out later today... but here's what I think it is: not a wire but a vacuum line. The large hose is actually the hose that goes to what should be the PCV valve on the manifold...
  18. fordlandia

Hey 65Beam (sorry... don't know your name)... No, the car was originally purchased (and sold to me) by a fellow by the name of Terry T. Purnell. He was employed in the medical research field (not selling cars). I have a list from him of all of the car shows he took the car to since 1980...
  19. fordlandia

More Series V Engine Photos Wow! You guys are giving me great information... I am glad that this car appears to be a really good example of how it came from the factory. I will be sure to document the "as is" condition of everything and will post photos as time permits. If there are specific...
  20. fordlandia

In this thread I am going to post some photos of my Series V Alpine (B395008497 OD LRX) engine and the engine compartment area. These are all "as I found" her... before I do any clean-up or detailing, etc. The main reason for this posting is to get input on anything that appears to be...