• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. C

Crank pulley - slinger "seal"

I am rebuilding my engine and I have discovered that the rubber ring that sits inside of the timing chain cover ( slinger seal) is missing (from this forum, i realized that there should be one) Anyways, I have a box of extra parts that came with the car and I think I have found a new one still...
  2. C

Electronic ignition -

I have a 65 alpine and I am considering changing the distributor over to electonic ignition ( buy the whole distributor ) Any thoughts ? Also - Do you know if there is a distributor cap that has "standard" push on plug wires ( as apposed to the type that you slip into the cap and then the...
  3. C

What Year Engine ?

My Sunbeam is a '65 - not sure of the engine year Here are some numbers on the block: WMO 22672 1912K 1600 1980917 * Can anyone tell me what year this is ? * What Horse Power ?
  4. C

Series IV Transmission - popping out of 3rd gear

I have a 1965 Alpine with a 4 speed standard transmission - NOT sure if this is the original transmission. There are some numbers on the outside of the transmission housing: 1981060 2DA21055 26 8 66 QUESTION: I am assuming that the last number means that it was cast on August 26th 1966 -...
  5. C

Original Engine paint

Was the aluminum head and valve cover left "aluminum" in color . . . or was it originally painted the same color as the cast engine block ?