• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. T

Brackets for Driving Lights

How were driving lights mounted to the front of the car? Were there specific brackets that mounted to the bolts that support the bumper, did they drill holes into the bumper (yikes), or other? Pictures showing details would be highly appreciated! Thanks.
  2. T

Value of LAT-72

Hi everyone. I was wondering if there is a good sense of the real value of the original LAT-72 radio console for the Sunbeam Tiger or Alpine. With a beautiful reproduction being made, would an original LAT-72 still be considered to be valuable? What are these actually worth? Are they...
  3. T

Tiger engine installation

Dunno what happened here! Somehow reposted when I hit the back arrow! Sorry.
  4. T

Tiger engine installation

I am going to be removing an engine and installing a new one in my Tiger. I'd like to understand why so many people suggest doing it from underneath the car instead of removing and reinstalling with an engine hoist from above. What makes it so hard to do from above? It seems to me that...
  5. T

Sunbeam Alpine or Tiger Steering Column Cover

I am in need of a nice steering column cover for my Tiger. I'd prefer one that I could just install and go, if possible, but will take any cover without damage and complete. I definitely need the bracket needed to install it. Please let me know what you've got. Thanks!
  6. T

MK1A vs MKII Impressions

Hi. I have a MK1A (TAC #709) with all original drivetrain with about 50,000 original miles on it. As I've discussed elsewhere, I'm considering mothballing the original engine and building a hotter 289 engine like the one that was in the MKII. From my understanding, the MK1A came with a...
  7. T

For Sale: Tiger Front Springs - New

I have a new set of Dale's Restoration's springs from Coil Spring Specialties for sale. These are the 450 lb. rated springs. I installed them and removed them without driving the car because I wanted the car to sit a bit lower than the stock height. I paid over $200 for them but would sell...
  8. T

Metal top covers on a later car?

Hi. I was wondering if the metal top boot/covers can be mounted on a car that came with a vinyl boot. I have no soft top or frame in my car at the moment and think it would be great to be able to cover the void with these metal covers. Can this be done? Any information re would be greatly...
  9. T

Aftermarket Steering Wheel Hub for Alpine or Tiger

I have a Nardi steering wheel I'd really like to install on my Tiger but I can't find a hub. I would really like to use this wheel and just can't believe there is no hub for the Alpine or Tiger, or that no other car that uses the same hub as this car for a Nardi steering wheel. Does anyone out...
  10. T

Best exhaust system for stock Tiger?

Hi there. I am looking to replace the exhaust system on my Tiger but am having a hard time with selection and information. I only know of Sunbeam Specialties and Victoria, but I am not sure these are the best way to go in terms of being the best for performance, sound, and value. Does anyone...