• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. lord_rootes

Camshaft Needed

Hi folks, I am in need of a camshaft in good condition for a 1725 engine. If anyone has one to spare I would sure appreciate hearing from you. I am located in Vancouver, BC, Canada Thanks, Alan
  2. lord_rootes

Steering column shroud wanted

Hi folks, I'm looking for a steering column shroud for a Series V if anyone has an extra they'd like to part with. PM me with price if you have one for sale. Thanks, Alan
  3. lord_rootes

Engine For Sale

Hi folks, I am in the process of moving house and downsizing which means I have to get rid of a rebuilt 1592 engine that I have. I had this engine professionally rebuilt back in 2009 or so when it was in my Series II Alpine. I put about 3,000 miles on the engine and then sold the car. The fellow...
  4. lord_rootes

Trunk lock assembly wanted

Hi folks, I am in need of a new trunk lock for my Series V Alpine. Anyone have one in good condition they’d like to sell? Thanks, Alan
  5. lord_rootes

Weatherstripping

Hi folks, I recently tried to install new door to window weatherstripping on my Series V and have not had much success. I'm wondering if anyone else has had problems and has a solution. I bought the weatherstrip and clips from Sunbeam Specialties and the clips themselves look a very good match...
  6. lord_rootes

Gas tank Questions

Hi folks, I need a bit of advice, or at least some opinions. I took my Series V fuel tanks in to get cleaned about six months ago. The fellow told me they no longer dip them but instead cut a access panel out and then blast the inside. They then solder a patch panel back on. When I seemed a...
  7. lord_rootes

Gas tank Questions

Hi folks, I need a bit of advice, or at least some opinions. I took my Series V fuel tanks in to get cleaned about six months ago. The fellow told me they no longer dip them but instead cut a access panel out and then blast the inside. They then solder a patch panel back on. When I seemed a...
  8. lord_rootes

Headlight bezel question

Hi folks, I wondering if anyone can tell me if these are the correct bezels for my car? It looks to me that they are sitting a bit low, perhaps the actual headlight socket underneath needs to be raised? The bezels themselves do have a bit of a peak on them. I just noticed it when I dropped the...
  9. lord_rootes

Door Handle lock cover

Hi folks, Does anyone have one of these I could buy? Obviously I will take the whole handle if someone's got one they can spare and want to sell. Thanks, Alan
  10. lord_rootes

Valve seats

Hi folks, I recently read somewhere (on this forum plus another source) that aluminum head engines already had hardened valve seats from new so having hardened seats installed is not necessary. In other words unleaded fuel will not harm them like it would in an iron head engine. Is there any...
  11. lord_rootes

Overdrive Warning Light

Hi folks, I was wondering if any of the Series Alpines ever had a dashboard light to indicate when the car was in overdrive. I know the Series V did not because I have looked at the handbook and one is not indicated but I seem to recall that earlier models might have had this feature. If this...
  12. lord_rootes

Zenith Carbs - Free!

Hi, I recently did a clear out of some parts and I have a pair of Zenith WIA carbs and the fuel line that goes with them. Not sure if they are off an Alpine or Rapier. I have no idea what condition they are in but they look clean. Price is free but "buyer" pays for shipping of course. Located...
  13. lord_rootes

Parts Request

Hi folks, I am looking for some steering parts for my Series V Alpine. The parts I am looking for is a cross tube - outer (Rootes part no. 5220745) and the two locknuts: one each of left hand thread and right hand thread (part numbers 9520091 and 9029152). The garage that is doing the work for...
  14. lord_rootes

Sill Lines

Hi folks, I recently bought a 1967 Series V Alpine and have a question that I figure some of you knowledgeable people might be able to answer. This new Alpine has the sill (rocker panel) lines showing front and rear (the car was repainted 23 years ago). I always assumed that these should be...
  15. lord_rootes

SIV Automatic for sale

I have decided to sell my 1965 Series IV Automatic. I have had the car about six months and have decided I don't want to put the money or time into it to take it to the level I want it to be at. I thought I would post it here first before I put it on Ebay and see if anyone is interested. First...
  16. lord_rootes

SIV Pricing

Hi folks, As some of you might know I bought a Series IV automatic about 5 months ago. It's a long story but the car is not quite in the condition it was advertised to be in. Up until now I was assuming that I would just bite the bullet and fix the car up to the standard I wanted it to be in...
  17. lord_rootes

Wow

Hi folks, I'm an Alpine guy so not overly knowledgeable about Tigers nor do I follow the market on them but this seller seems to me to be very optimistic: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-MK-1A-/201319599840?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2edf954ee0&item=201319599840 I must say the car looks...
  18. lord_rootes

Oil Cooler

Hi folks, My Series IV is equipped with an oil cooler that is mounted below the front valance. This makes it visible when looking at the front of the car although some might be obscured by the licence plate when installed. I looked at a whole bunch of pictures online and didn't see another...
  19. lord_rootes

Ride Stiffness

Hi folks, I've noticed in both of the Alpines I have owned that they have quite a hard unforgiving ride quality. In other words, not a softer riding car like my Rapier or my MG (sorry probably a dirty word here). I'm wondering if the stiffness in the ride quality is something that is common to...
  20. lord_rootes

Passenger footwell Question

My new Series IV has a sheet of metal in the passenger foot well that is attached two or three inches in front of the actual firewall which effectively shortens the legroom by that amount. I thought this was something done by the previous owner as it didn't make sense to me why the factory would...