• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. P

Head Gaskets

Couple of questions relevant to this thread: Head Torquing: I am using ARP bolts and currently torquing to 65lbs. I see some people recommending not exceeding 45lbs to avoid warping the head. Is there a consensus on what to torque the head to for a race engine using a copper gasket ...
  2. P

Brake Rotors

I just noticed that too. Would love to go, haven't been to Maryhill yet so this might be the year to go. We'll have to cross our fingers that the car is still running well in October !
  3. P

Replacement Tie Rods

Have a bent tie rod that I need to replace. Usually sources only seem to carry tie rod ends, anyone out there got a source for new or custom-built tie rods ? Thanks
  4. P

Brake Rotors

Answering my own post, I found some at Sunbeam Specialties !
  5. P

Brake Rotors

Anyone got a source for brake rotors ? Having a hard time finding any. Unfortunately can't use cross-drilled or slotted, so have to stick with stock or vented. Tried the usual Sunbeam parts suppliers and Dale @www.dalesresto.com, but no luck. Help !
  6. P

Stromberg warm start issues

I use the Holley 1-4psi regulator also. Seems to work fine, but it would be nice to find a fuel pressure gauge with a similar range, it seems to me that 0-15psi gauges just aren't that useful for tuning in the 1-2psi range...
  7. P

Any recommendation for a good low pressure fuel pump ?
  8. P

Thanks, yes I thought fuel flow/pressure might be the issue. Actually running a Holley electric fuel pump with the regulator. The regulator is 1-4psi, but at least with the 0-15psi gauge I have on it, seems to not like to go below 3psi.
  9. P

Having problems with some newly rebuilt Strombergs (stock 150 CDs) on my racing Alpine. Engine strong and easily when cold, but after running for even a short period of time, 3 minutes or so, refuses to restart. Seems to me this either caused by excessive heat or excessive fuel. Have a Holley...
  10. P

FIA approval of webers?

alpine_64, I can send to you to post that would be great - what's your email address ?
  11. P

FIA approval of webers?

We took the car to the dyno shop with the webers on it. Revved to 6500rpm easily enough, but power curve peaked at 6000. It is of course possible that something was wrong with our setup although the car seemed to perform fine with the webers on, just not appreicably faster than with the...
  12. P

FIA approval of webers?

I have the document scanned, but any suggestion as to where to upload it to ? Is there any place on the forum ?
  13. P

FIA approval of webers?

Homologation paper for Alpine allows Webers I have a copy of FIA recognition no 164 which is the homologation paper for Series IV Alpine (1964). This specifies carburettor as either Solex 32 OR Weber 40 DCOE2. So it is possible to prepare an Alpine to FIA specification using Webers. If fact...