• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. StefanD

Looking for an upper valance...

If anyone has an upper front valance they are looking to sell please let me know, either here or PM. Thanks, Stefan
  2. StefanD

Queen's English show Sunday March 14th

Anybody thinking of heading down to Woodley Park for the Queen's English show? You can get more info here. I have been the last couple year, it is a great little show.
  3. StefanD

67 Heater Valve

Does anyone have one laying around they would like to part with? Mine leaks, and I would love to have my heater working. Is there a decent replacement off of anything else? Sunbeam Specialties is out of them with no solid answer when they we will be able to get any more. I know I know, I...
  4. StefanD

Shocks... again

It is time to buy some shocks for my SV. At this time, I can not afford SPAX or Konis. I have been searching to forums and found a reference to KYBs, does anyone have a part number for these? Are there any other decent alternatives? Thanks
  5. StefanD

1964 Commer Poptop Van Camper on Craig's List

Came by this while looking at Craig's List. It can be found here.
  6. StefanD

Dipstick and oil

It appears that there is a small, but easily noticed, amount of oil coming up out of my dipstick hole. The dipstick moves freely in the hole with no resistance. I assume it is the proper dipstick, any ideas why I would be leaking oil form there?
  7. StefanD

LA Area Mechanic

I am in a bind and really close to getting my Alpine on the road. However, due to a new baby and some growth at work, both good things, I am really short on time. Does anyone know of a mechanic in the Los Angeles area? Preferably San Fernando Valley, Pasadena, Burbank , or Glendale areas, but...
  8. StefanD

British Show in LA next weekend 03/08/09

I went last year and had a ball. More info can be found here. Due the growth of my family (WOOHOO!:)) the Sunbeam is still not on the road, so I will be there in my not-so-cool Saturn. If anyone is going, I would love to say hey.
  9. StefanD

What is it?

I am not sure I pointed it out clearly enough;), but could someone tell me what that is? It is at the back of the motor, just below the exhaust manifold:
  10. StefanD

My Intake - any thoughts?

I am about to wrap up the work on my car to finally get it on the road. I am looking for any feedback on the intake that came with the car. Is it worth keeping? Should I get something else? Is it just right? The pic is below: Thanks
  11. StefanD

Bolt Size Question

I am finally going to get off my rear and get my Sunbeam on the road. I need to order an insert for one of my rocker arm studs. Can someone let me know what size I need? Also, what would you all recommend as a better option, Helicoil or Timesert? Are there other better options? Thanks in...
  12. StefanD

LA Area British Show

I just came across this and thought I would share... ALL BRITISH CAR MEET AND AUTO JUMBLE WOODLEY PARK, VAN NUYS Sunday, April 6, 2008 - 9am to 4pm More info can me found here.
  13. StefanD

Quick Intro

Hey there I have built/restored a bunch of American cars, mostly hot rods & customs. I have always liked Alpines About a year ago, I bought my first Alpine, a 67, from a buddy. It has a few modifications, 5 speed, ignition and a single Webber. Now that I am finally able to get to work...