• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 1

1962 Series II - Random Questions

Any thoughts on this....? - Gasket Preference - I am planning to order from either Alpine Innovations or New Forest Gaskets. They both seem to offer better than stock gaskets for the oil pan, tappet cover, rocker cover; right? Any preference? I need gaskets for the full motor, yet think it best...
  2. 1

1962 Series II - Random Questions

Random Questions for the group please.... - Are the threads able to be cleaned with SAE Tap & Dye sets? I believe the thread pitches are what I am used to on my big old American made cars; yea? Before I start cleaning out thread holes in the block; wanted to confirm. - The Harmonic Balancer /...
  3. 1

1962 Series II - Oil Rings

Oh that is exactly it!!! Thank you!
  4. 1

1962 Series II - Oil Rings

I know that the bottom - Oil Rings are a 3-piece ring.... I know that I should be offsetting the top & the bottom oil ring gaps The rings I have received, though, seem to have the top & bottom oil rings are melded together. As in, they do not separate. In other words; if they are designed to...
  5. 1

1962 Series II - Engine Assembly

Meaning this....?
  6. 1

1962 Series II - Engine Assembly

I just picked up my engine from the machine shop. Time to assemble! I have built several Chrysler big blocks & other domestic motors....but find myself completely intimidated with this small British block! I shall be asking many defining questions & sounding like an idiot along the way, I am...
  7. 1

1962 Oil Pan Drainplug

This is the plug on my oil pan. Is this correct?
  8. 1

1962 Series II - Part Identification Please

Upon pulling & disassembling my drivetrain.... I don't recall what this small angled part is for or where it goes.... Has a portion covered in a rubberized material. Any thoughts? Thanks!
  9. 1

1962 Series II - Release Bearing Fork Finish

Hello, Upon finishing cleaning the grime & grease off of the Release Bearing FORK.... Is the Fork supposed to be left bare OR painted black? Thank you
  10. 1

1962 Series II - Trans Part Needed

Jan has the part I need. Let me know what I will owe you, Jan. Dan - Thank you for inquiring sir!
  11. 1

1962 Series II - Trans. Part Needed

Oh that would very much appreciated. Thank you
  12. 1

A 3rd image & PLEA to anyone who has a good one to sell me...
  13. 1

A 3rd image & PLEA to anyone who has a good one to sell me...
  14. 1

Seeking the following for my Alpine: One of the 1-2 synchro dogs is bad. This part could also be called a synchro key. I have attached a couple pictures of it. The measurements are .217” wide x 1.345” long Thanks!
  15. 1

Thank you for any help!
  16. 1

1962 Series II - Stock Crank & Bore Sizes

I am seeking what the Standard sizes would have been, NEW for the following: - Crankshaft Size ____________ - Piston Bore Size ____________ Thanks
  17. 1

1962 Series II - Engine Paint & Finishes

Ha. No meant the oil pump / screen item. I thought it odd that someone had painted part of it black before I got it. I scrubbed it clean yesterday & just wanted to make sure. The water pump shall be black.
  18. 1

Thank you! Is any part of the Oil Pump supposed to have paint on it?
  19. 1

Dumb question here....Forgot I had this original brochure. It shows the engine in red. Assuming this was just for the advertising brochure and (as noted above) the factory delivered the cars with the block in black (versus red)? Thanks!