• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. R

Sunbeam Owners in Canada

Hello...I'm not seeing any BC Sunbeams shown here. I am in Kelowna & own 1966 SV Alpine. Car was purchased brand new from Chrysler dealership in Penticton, BC & has gone through 3 owners before I bought it, has never left BC. 3rd owner did an extensive restoration in early 90's then parked since...
  2. R

Slave Cylinder

Thank you Asm109, I can definitely work with that. Certainly appreciate everyone's input and helping out a rookie mechanic...Will keep you posted...All the best.
  3. R

Slave Cylinder

Thank you is great info ! Leads me to have couple of questions: 1. In order to ensure entire clutch system contains proper amount of fluid (2 1/8 Oz's.) throughout, what is the process to pressurize system ? 2. The hole in the mid part of reservoir, is this the maximum capacity, or, should fluid...
  4. R

Slave Cylinder

What is fluid capacity of SV master cylinder ? If bleeding slave clutch how much fluid would be considered maximum throughout the system...Thanks...
  5. R

Slave Cylinder

I'm not sure what mean by inverted ha ha the photo was taken from under the car, where you'd circled bleed screw this is where I am concentrating on correct ?
  6. R

Slave Cylinder

In Manual I know it does mention issues using improper fluid as erodes washers & such...I hope to begin bleed tomorrow...Wish me luck ha ha
  7. R

Slave Cylinder

In addition, does any of this procedure have any effect on the OD ? I'm having issues there as well, it won't disengage..If clutch gets to working properly would OD issue be remedied as well ? Thank you...
  8. R

Slave Cylinder

This is very welcome info, thank you so much...As far as I know there is DOT 3 SAE J1703 in main cylinder, I checked on a few sites to see if collaborated with SAE spec.702.3 as outlined in Rootes WSM & checked out. So the large black cap is on opposite side of bleed screw then.?.No need touch...
  9. R

Slave Cylinder

Better photo of slave...
  10. R

Slave Cylinder

Photos: left: underside of car - driver side - slave cylinder ? right,: clutch fluid container. Seems that the slave cylinders are everywhere on these models. Photo on left, is the black end piece the "dust cap" ? Assuming this is where I would find the bleed screw to bleed clutch...
  11. R

Slave Cylinder

Thank you, I'm going to check this out hopefully today..But, in order to get to bleed screw, do I need to disassemble the housing or is screw in plain sight...Thanks again..
  12. R

Slave Cylinder

I am looking to bleed slave cylinder, as first step, for SV Alpine ('66) as clutch not functioning. It also se like the OD won't disengage as 3rd & reverse won't click into gear..I've read threads regarding slave & many reference slave cylinder located at transmission housing, however, isn't...
  13. R

63 Alpine for sale

Hi Charles...Is this Alpine still available please, if so, would I be able to obtain additional information (mileage, exact year, etc...) Thank you.. Rod Shelast Kelowna, BC, Canada
  14. R

Sunbeam Owners in Canada

I am owner of 1966 SV Alpine which is 65-70% complete in Kelowna, BC..I am always looking for 1963 SIII Alpine as this was the first car I had bought on my own in 1974 ($500 CDN). Also owned 1965 Sunbeam Imp in 1975, have been lifelong fan of Sunbeams. There has to be other Sunbeam owners in BC...
  15. R

series 5 gas cap & grill badge

Thank you Randy I am only looking for clock spacer at this point....All the best...
  16. R

Series V Dash Plate

Hello...It is the silver & black plate I am needing. Appreciate your assistance...
  17. R

Free...rims

Are these still available ? photos would be great & can arrange pick up from your place...Thank you...
  18. R

Series V Dash Plate

Hello...I am looking for a "Rootes Group" plate (clock blank) that fits into dash board LHD or RHD I would think be okay. I would pay all shipping costs & have address's in Michigan & British Columbia, would like to finish off dash instrumentation. I can trade including one brand new rounded...
  19. R

'66 Alpine parts to sell

Hello...I would like to make you an offer on the Rootes Group clock placeholder piece. Please advise...Thank you...